Xcarlink demo in 2014 R

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

I had it fitted today. I bottled doing it myself as it needs power and it looked daunting to me as a complete amateur. Cost £50 and took less than an hour for an expert. So no real info on the fitting, but a demo on its use in the car.
Link is for video I made. I will try and answer any questions.

Deleted User 2483

This is the unit that fitted my car http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?p ... =32&page=1
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Nice one Fellow Man of Kent, or is it Kentish Man? Anywho, who fitted that for a Bullseye?! Cheap..
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
Deleted User 2483

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 2322757723

Also fitted a tracker with app etc for £100 and £5.50 month. Knew his stuff.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Thank you..does all the rest work as normal? Reversing camera etc. Is it switchable between Jag set up and your new setup?
Did the company you linked to supply also, or did you buy it direct from the supplier?
Did you also have an extra options?
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
Deleted User 2483

I bought from supplier and found that guy to fit. Everything works as normal except factory navigation. Just disconnect phone from lead and press home button on head unit and you have the factory screen.
Deleted User 2483

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Htc ... p=drivesdk
This doc from another user is useful, note the switch positions on the silver unit. I used the same and it worked straight away.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Great post Steve.
I guess as I have a hdmi input I can sort of use that to mimic on screen the sat nav..but obviously not able to use touch screen on car display.
Deleted User 2483

MM1963 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:45 am Great post Steve.
I guess as I have a hdmi input I can sort of use that to mimic on screen the sat nav..but obviously not able to use touch screen on car display.
Not 100% sure what you mean, but the xcarlink runs a lead from the unit into the car and you plug that into your phone. You can then use the touchscreen to navigate between car play or android apps.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

On my 2017/18 model (the 1st face lift) they added I think the HDMI MHL input, which allows you to play external videos etc, from your phone.

I once plugged my android phone into my TV, and yes I had a 65" android phone TV..

But obviously the touch screen only works on the phone itself, your set up now allows touch screen on the cars unit.
I can play all the things my phone does, but still won't be able to use the ease of the touch screen on the car.

Defeats the object really, but OK for Sat Nav once I set the journey before I move off.

Hope that makes sense...almost like the Marx brothers, the first part of the second part of the third part...and so on...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post