F Type 400 Sport Standard Specs

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

ayrejc wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:56 pm Thanks - can I message you the vin to see what else you can see may be different?
Send me your reg and I'll have a look on Jags system to see what is what. I should be able to load an MY18 brochure as well.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

scm

Post by scm »

ayrejc wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:55 pm I have just clarified and they want any manufacturers optional extras even if they were fitted prior to delivery as a new car so anything that incurred an extra charge prior to delivery!! I explained i purchased 2nd hand and they said to best of your knowledge!!
You shouldn't be asking on here then! The best of your knowledge will be best without research. ;)
I guess the reason they want to know is they work from the list prices, so anything that raises that (extras) has to be taken into account - you might double the value of the car with options, especially if you go for a lot of carbon and leather. Okay, not double, but the price can ramp up quickly on the configurator when you start clicking options. :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

scm wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:09 pm
ayrejc wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:55 pm I have just clarified and they want any manufacturers optional extras even if they were fitted prior to delivery as a new car so anything that incurred an extra charge prior to delivery!! I explained i purchased 2nd hand and they said to best of your knowledge!!
You shouldn't be asking on here then! The best of your knowledge will be best without research. ;)
I guess the reason they want to know is they work from the list prices, so anything that raises that (extras) has to be taken into account - you might double the value of the car with options, especially if you go for a lot of carbon and leather. Okay, not double, but the price can ramp up quickly on the configurator when you start clicking options. :shock:
Yep they said anything that makes car more attractive to thieves or increased performance. They list alot of engine mods, bodykits, spoilers etc but also list parking sensors, uprated brakes which should make car safer. Anyhow I clicked everything they list that my car has whether i think optional or not and the overall quote did not change!!! That said they do seem to make it complicated so veering towards staying with present insurers and gambling that i dont need to claim and get hit by the increased excess for the wrap
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I’m with admiral and they only asked me about non factory modifications, not optional extras. Strange. Maybe postcode related.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
scm

Post by scm »

ayrejc wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 pmThey list alot of engine mods, bodykits, spoilers etc but also list parking sensors, uprated brakes which should make car safer.
Uprated brakes may make the car safer, but it may tempt you to brake later or drive faster to compensate, so you could present an increased risk.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Agreed, anyone modifying the car to up-rate the brakes is likely to be someone that intends to use them, and also they fall out of the homologation tests the manufacturer will have done for that spec of model. thus from an insurance point of view the risk becomes higher... = higher premium.

I treat anything not coming from the manufacturer standard options as Modified.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post