F Type 400 Sport Standard Specs

Anything F-Type related......
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Hello

A belated question related to my insurance renewal quote. Am looking at Admiral and they ask "Does your car have any modifications or optional extras fitted?". I brought my 400 spot 2nd hand as it had all the gadgets i wanted but i am struggling to find what was standard or optional? I think most things were standard but wondered if anyone can let me know what the optional extras were? I have pano roof, rear view cam, parking sensors front, heated front screen, keyless entry which I think all standard.

Any help gratefully received as I dont want to give the insurers a get out if the worst happens

thanks
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange

chicb

Post by chicb »

Have you asked them to clarify what they mean. Is it the manufactures optional extras or just third party extras. You could send them the build sheet then there is no ambiguity.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
scm

Post by scm »

I'd think "optional extras" are different from third party extras.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

They clarify as "This is a cosmetic or performance change to the car away from the manufacturer's standard specification (including optional extras)." So to my mind is anything that you had to pay extra for
chicb

Post by chicb »

That's not how I read it. I take it is the manufacturers std spec which includes optional extras
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

I've had this with Admiral many years ago (one reason I now avoid them). I went through everything including mud flaps. Somethings they just didn't know what they were! Remember, this is just someone on a computer screen with no knowledge at all. I know choosing insurers is a minefield and one person's ideal is not another's, but I'm now with Aviva and find them very competitive and easy to work with (for example, had to make 3 different changes in short order last year, all with no premium change and no admin fee nonsense).
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I think the key thing here is that it says "optional extras" and NOT "factory optional extras".
My insurance says I need to declare ALL after market optional extras. And "original factory fitted options" are included.

I would call them and ask for clarification. The best way to do this is via online chat service as you can email a copy of the transcript of the conversation to yourself afterwards.

As for options I can only compare to my 400.
I don't have "parking sensors front"
I don't have "heated front screen"
So that's two options.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

I have just clarified and they want any manufacturers optional extras even if they were fitted prior to delivery as a new car so anything that incurred an extra charge prior to delivery!! I explained i purchased 2nd hand and they said to best of your knowledge!!
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

simpleR wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:52 pm I think the key thing here is that it says "optional extras" and NOT "factory optional extras".
My insurance says I need to declare ALL after market optional extras. And "original factory fitted options" are included.

I would call them and ask for clarification. The best way to do this is via online chat service as you can email a copy of the transcript of the conversation to yourself afterwards.

As for options I can only compare to my 400.
I don't have "parking sensors front"
I don't have "heated front screen"
So that's two options.
Thanks - can I message you the vin to see what else you can see may be different?
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:49 pm I've had this with Admiral many years ago (one reason I now avoid them). I went through everything including mud flaps. Somethings they just didn't know what they were! Remember, this is just someone on a computer screen with no knowledge at all. I know choosing insurers is a minefield and one person's ideal is not another's, but I'm now with Aviva and find them very competitive and easy to work with (for example, had to make 3 different changes in short order last year, all with no premium change and no admin fee nonsense).
Thanks - I am somewhat limited as i wrapped the car hence delving into the mods sections. Aviva want to charge me additional excess for the wrap in addition to an additional 'load' on the premium so am looking for alternatives and admiral are the most competitive

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post