Jaguar F-Type differential failures - Input needed.

Anything F-Type related......
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

Just had my rear diff oil changed this week at 34 k miles on a 17 plate. What has everyone been charged for this? My local garage charged £130.00 all in for this, I thought it was reasonable?
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!

AJB2

Post by AJB2 »

I had mine done at my last service…£70+VAT at the main dealer.
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

So that’s a not reasonable then 😂
Although to save £60.00 on hassle of travelling to Jaguar and waiting was probably worth it!
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!
grahamp

Post by grahamp »

grahamp wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:36 pm
grahamp wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:43 pm
grahamp wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:35 pm My 69 plate R-Dynamic AWD with 8200 miles went into Harwoods Basingstoke today, just two weeks after purchasing from Hendy Southampton (Jaguar Approved). Just received a call that an oil change has resolved the problem ...... have registered my concern with the Jaguar Experience Centre on why this was picked up in the "comprehensive inspection", the low mileage of the car and with one year left on the warranty my concern on the validity of just changing the oil. Let's see how it goes ....... this is another OV registration so ex-Jaguar Fleet.
Not unexpectedly the noise has already reappeared, slow left hand tight turns. Pretty sure it will get worse and have already reported back to Hendy Southampton that it needs to be resolved. Sigh .........
I decided to exercise the 30 day return policy, sadly no longer an F-Type owner but looking already.
Tested two more Jaguar approved MY20 V6 AWD(UK 69 plate) over the weekend and both had the same low speed noise on tight left hand bends and various random noises from the back end that were never apparent on my MY18 V6S AWD. Either some changes were made in the later model diffs but sad to day i will am not going to buy another F-Type.
Blenky

Post by Blenky »

Hi guys, was reading about the problems that some of us are having with diffs , well reversed my svr 2018 with only 8500 miles out of garage and a abit of oil on the floor, so jacked it up had a look, yer seems to be coming from the diff , so I booked it in with my local dealer, so will let you no what they found, was reading about some of the members doing breakfast mornings on a Saturday, well I’m up north east a little place called Beverley, if anyone fancy a drive and a bit of breakfast maybe Leeds area, let’s get it on 👍
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

As you may have seen in my other thread I'm getting a new diff due to a light whining noise on light throttle in a limited speed interval. The car had about 20 000 miles when I got it and it has sounded like that since I got it and the sound never bothered me. That said, that kind of noise seems to be another reason to get the diff replaced.

If it wasn't under warranty I'd just wait and see if anything changed and part of me thinks if it aint broken don't fix it but the JLR tech concluded that it's not normal and who am I to say no to a new diff for free. :)
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Kat1ej27

Post by Kat1ej27 »

Tel

Until 3 weeks I was driving an F-Type V6 S AWD auto. Took it to garage due to an odd whirring from behind. Advised (and had confirmed) rear diff "has gone" and needs replacing. Great! Even better JLR can't source one anywhere (across the world) and don't know when they will be able to get one. So I no longer drive an F-Type but own a very expensive ornament!!!!

I've checked SH - all done by JLR - no mention of diff oil change at any point. Last service was 72 month service (26800 miles driven).

If you've made any progress it'd be great to know - I'm getting nowhere with JLR so far.
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Hi Blenky there is the Yorkshire region breakfast club meeting this Saturday10.00 at the rhubarb triangle pub j41 M1 Wakefield gets a good turnout and very friendly would be there myself but away in London for the weekend cheers Tony
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles 😀😀😀
Daveyft

Post by Daveyft »

Pinion seal just replaced due to leak. 2016 3.0V6S AWD convertible, 23500 miles. Had it done by an independent with new diff oil and transfer box oil at the same time. Apparently transfer box oil was in great condition, diff oil a congealed mess.

Car has been otherwise faultless in 6 years ownership.
Dave
01286p

Post by 01286p »

I was charged some £80.00 to change the diff oil at 30,000 miles on my 2017 RWD V6S, the oil was fine BUT I too had a new diff at about 6,000 miles due to the grinding noise on a sharp turn.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post