Jaguar F-Type differential failures - Input needed.

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

01286p wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:00 pm I have now spoken with the Workshop Manager rather than the Service Manager at Hatfields, Shrewsbury.
Apparently, to check the level of oil in the differential they drained the oil, measured it as ok and then put the OLD OIL BACK IN.
I expressed my amazement that they did not refill with NEW OIL, even if they had charged extra for new oil as apparently checking the rear differential oil at 4 years / 64,000-mile service is not part of Jaguar's service requirement
2016 V6s
:lol: :lol:

Shockingly laughable!

Is it any wonder that diffs are failing in their droves if this is their level of (in) competence?1
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

badger

Post by badger »

scm wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:14 pm
01286p wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:00 pm... apparently checking the rear differential oil at 4 years / 64,000-mile service is not part of Jaguar's service requirement
That's true, according to the service schedules for my AWD the rear locking diff oil should be changed, not checked, every 4 years. Transfer box every 3 years, front diff every 9 years.
it should be replaced at 4yrs if it is a rwd v6s
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

01286p wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:00 pm I have now spoken with the Workshop Manager rather than the Service Manager at Hatfields, Shrewsbury.
Apparently, to check the level of oil in the differential they drained the oil, measured it as ok and then put the OLD OIL BACK IN.
I expressed my amazement that they did not refill with NEW OIL, even if they had charged extra for new oil as apparently checking the rear differential oil at 4 years / 64,000-mile service is not part of Jaguar's service requirement
2016 V6s
My bullshitometer is at full scale deflection, no way they did that! Literally nobody would do that, let alone a mechanic or technician! Even if you tried to do that you’d lose too much oil in the process so would at least have to add a little.
01286p

Post by 01286p »

I wonder does anyone from Jaguar Customer Services monitor this site?
I have been trying to find who to write to concerning Dealer Service / Competence without success - does anyone have a Contact Name and E-Mail?

V6S Coupe.
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

I have had correspondence on dealer incompetence with Faisal Rehman, Jaguar Customer Experience Centre at jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com

To be honest they must know the majority of their dealers are serially useless but I can only assume they don't care; the profit comes from the car sale and (mostly) the finance and the rest is just unavoidable noise. The dealer retail channel has been broken for decades; for me it is blindingly obvious that combining sales (which can all be done over the Web now) and warranty/repairs/servicing is a legacy of the last century that needs serious attention, especially with the advent of EVs and their very different requirements. The only company that I can think of that does sales and repairs in the same place successfully is Apple, love them or hate them. Apple treat their service staff as professionals and pay them accordingly. A career as a car mechanic is now so unattractive that workshops are struggling to get any young people interested; low status, low pay and Fifties working conditions, combined with a very uncertain future, are unlikely to enthuse the millennial generation. EV technicians are in particularly short supply, which given the EV ramp up coming is of particular concern. Not least of which is that EV voltages are seriously dangerous, and making mistakes with the circuitry will see fatalities for sure.
01286p

Post by 01286p »

Herewith a reply from Jaguar themselves.Seems that the Oil should last nearly forever.

Please note, I have been in contact with the Technical Team in regard to your query who have confirmed that if your vehicle has a locking rear differential then the oil is replaced at 144,000 miles or 108 months. If your vehicle has non locking rear differential then this would be160,000 miles or 120 months. 

2016/7 V6s RWD Pano Roof, plus loadsafun for this grandpop with snap and .
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

01286p wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm Herewith a reply from Jaguar themselves.Seems that the Oil should last nearly forever.

Please note, I have been in contact with the Technical Team in regard to your query who have confirmed that if your vehicle has a locking rear differential then the oil is replaced at 144,000 miles or 108 months. If your vehicle has non locking rear differential then this would be160,000 miles or 120 months. 

2016/7 V6s RWD Pano Roof, plus loadsafun for this grandpop with snap and .

Love to know who the ‘technical team’ are, guessing just someone who cannot even look up the service schedule!

It states that the LSD oil should be changed every 48 months. There is absolutely no way I’m leaving mine for 9 years!
scm

Post by scm »

It's the front diff that's scheduled for an oil change at 9 years.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

I've had two new diffs in the past 12 months and the cars not even three year old and only covered 18000 miles, Both replaced under warranty
Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
scm

Post by scm »

gkeevash wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:32 am I've had two new diffs in the past 12 months and the cars not even three year old and only covered 18000 miles, Both replaced under warranty
Did they actually need replacing, or was the dealer just replacing parts until the problem, or the customer, goes away? (Apologies for the cynicism.)
Last edited by scm on Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post