H251 InTouch Control Update

Anything F-Type related......
ejefi

Post by ejefi »

As part of my service the dealer applied the H251 InTouch Control Update.

When I got the car back had to re-sign in & set up all my personal settings again but no matter what I fiddle with the Sat Nav now refuses to talk to me! Any media I'm playing at the time drops in volume but no sound comes from the Nav. Also most importantly I don't get the little beep for speed cameras even though the alerts for cameras are turned on.

Back to the dealers on Thursday to see if they can sort it out.
MY18 F-Type SVR Ultra Blue

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

The update might well have set the nav volume to zero when it was installed.
The speed camera bongs are linked to the nav voice volume as well (daft I know!).
Try setting a route and when your media volume goes down when the nav is speaking press the volume up button and see if the nav lady reappears.
Don't set it too high as the first speed camera bong will scare the daylights out of you.
If that doesn't work then it's a dealer job I'm afraid.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

PhilB wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:02 am ..Don't set it too high as the first speed camera bong will scare the daylights out of you.

:lol:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
ejefi

Post by ejefi »

A quick update. Car has been at the dealers all day, they've tried reloaded the navigation but it's still not working.
So looks like they are going to have to reload the whole thing, which they will try tomorrow.
The upside is that it wasn't me being technologically incompetent and there is something actually wrong!
Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

Watching.
I had H251 update done recently. With travel time, I decided to wait at the dealers. They warned me it could take up to 2 hours - ok by me. Five hours later, I was told that the update had crashed and they would have to start again. I had a loaner and returned the next day.
Now voice guidance on sat nav doesn't work. A real PITA as I have to take my eyes off the road to look at the screen. I've checked all settings without success. Dealer says book it in....
ejefi

Post by ejefi »

Not quite sure what they did in the end but the dealers had the car for a further half a day and pleased to report that sat nav voice guidance and camera alerts are all as they should be.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

They just updated my F-Pace to this firmware.. ..didn't use the satnav yet..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post