V6 tank range

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ooops sorry - think I've logged on to the wrong site :lol:
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Why ?
scm

Post by scm »

Because if you care about fuel consumption you don't buy an F-Type? ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Don’t talk rubbish,

I was asking about tank range ...

Is fuel consumption not a factor at all when buying a car that you use daily and are going to do thousands of miles in?

I can easily afford to put fuel in my car if that’s what your back handed comment implies, anyone who buys a car because running costs “ just don’t matter to me” is the uninformed idiot
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

alpinaman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:59 pm
daytona650 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:33 pm On a euro trip you'll be very unlikely to get anything over 400 miles. 350 is more realistic.

I do at least 2 euro trips every year and havent got more than that on most tanks realistically.
Why was that though?

23mpg seems pretty low.... I get 22mpg on my daily commute..
Depends on the route i guess. I usually do some alpine passes, cities and autoroute - if your just cruising to places with no fun then over 400 would work. To be honest I dont think about it, i just do it and go to petrol stations when the light comes on :D
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Yep

That’s about the top and bottom of it really

It’s gonna be interesting , the other cars are an M4,Golf R and Audi RS3 ..
scm

Post by scm »

alpinaman wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:52 am Don’t talk rubbish,

I was asking about tank range ...

Is fuel consumption not a factor at all when buying a car that you use daily and are going to do thousands of miles in?

I can easily afford to put fuel in my car if that’s what your back handed comment implies, anyone who buys a car because running costs “ just don’t matter to me” is the uninformed idiot
I'd say your reaction to my suggestion as to why Lunar made his comment, and inferring completely incorrect things from it, makes you the uninformed idiot. Calm down, please.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

What was you inferring then or what point was you trying to make ?

My original question was asking possible miles to full tank ?

Your reply

Don’t buy an F type and worry about MPG ..

What does that even mean ?
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

My daily journey to work used to be a round trip of almost 100 miles on 'A' roads, generally going along with the flow, with the occasional overtake. The indicated average mpg always stayed around the 30mpg mark, with the fuel light coming on at something like 400 miles Constant motorway driving is a little bit more economical, according to the 140 miles to Gaydon last week, but probably only adds say another 30-40 miles or so to the tank range. I'd put the range at somewhere between 400-450 miles for when you're looking for fuel.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

alpinaman wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 am What was you inferring then or what point was you trying to make ?

My original question was asking possible miles to full tank ?

Your reply

Don’t buy an F type and worry about MPG ..

What does that even mean ?
Sigh. You clearly missed the question mark at the end of my sentence. It was a suggestion, not the statement of fact that you decided to make it. Maybe we should wait for lunar to answer your question.

BTW, I certainly don't "worry about MPG" - my car uses what it uses and I wanted the car. Others may have a different view and make their decisions accordingly.

Oh, and your opening line should be "implying", not "inferring" - and I wasn't, as already explained, implying anything, just making a suggestion, not a point. However, you're free to interpret it in any way you choose, however wide of the mark it is. ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post