V6 tank range

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Tootalltodrive wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:43 pm People online are saying that a V8 is better than V6s people’s opinions?
"Better" is entirely subjective so it depends on your personal wants and/or needs. Pick the one that suits you best, that'll be the better one for you. ;)
In the Netherlands, the 4-pot is better if you want to avoid an extremely large tax bill, apparently. :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Tootalltodrive wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:43 pm People online are saying that a V8 is better than V6s people’s opinions?
Better on fuel ?

In general the V8 has a lot of advantages over the V6,but the V6 has a lot of advantages over the V8...

Hope that clears it up for you..
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

Hi all, I am about to buy a V6S 2014. It will be my daily and my commute is 12 miles start stop traffic. People have said the V8 is better on fuel than the V6. Thoughts?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

12 miles in stop start traffic?

They are both going to be "poor" compared to most other cars. You would presume a 6 cylinder 3L would be marginally better than the 8 cylinder 5L.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
basher

Post by basher »

Tootalltodrive wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:07 pm Hi all, I am about to buy a V6S 2014. It will be my daily and my commute is 12 miles start stop traffic. People have said the V8 is better on fuel than the V6. Thoughts?
I have a 400 Sport, so a V6.

My old commute was about 8 miles each way. Stop/start all the way except for maybe a 1 mile stretch where I could do 60mph if there was no traffic. Sometimes I wouldn't even get 20mpg if the traffic was particularly bad. 😯

Now my commute is 35 miles each way, with about 30 on motorway. I'm sometimes nudging 35mpg.

But we don't buy these cars for mpg, do we?

SMG.
Smiles per gallon. 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I think I'd have moved too if I only had an 8 mile drive to work! :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Fez

Post by Fez »

It current climate I measure my tank range in weeks, should achieve 9 weeks and the fuel gauge not even moved. :D
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Maybe you need a residual octane rating gauge :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post