V6 rear diffuser

Anything F-Type related......
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

Hi guys

Does anyone know if the older style V6 diffuser is changeable to the newer one and if the lights would work correctly?

Captureb4.PNG

Captureafter.PNG

2016 Firesand V6 340

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Yes, they are a straight plug and play.
Did exactly this conversion when I moved from an early style rear to the later version.
Purchased lights from eBay and the required fitting torx bolts from JLR
Very clever that led units were driven in the correct way compared to bulb units. Guess in JLR interest to avoid needing other changes to wiring or control modules
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

Great news, thanks - another mod to add to the list!
2016 Firesand V6 340
scz4

Post by scz4 »

I can also confirm, just did this upgrade last weekend. Looks great, really finishes off the rear of the car.

I was patient and bought one (well actually 2) off ebay.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Whats the costs of doing this ?

Looks much nicer
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I've never noticed that there were different rear fog / reversing lights based on model year. Mine is a 2013 . Are these the correct lights for the year or have they been changed ?
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
scz4

Post by scz4 »

alpinaman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:15 pm Whats the costs of doing this ?

Looks much nicer
Sports design diffuser cost me £200 with the fog lights, also bought another one for £120 with no lights. Both needed a respray. Lights are about £100 each side. Respray was £140. So can be done for £350. Well worth it.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Thanks for the info
lionfish

Post by lionfish »

how do you get the old diffuser off, i did try, found all the screws, but could not release it from the upper bumper . I believe it is clipped but did not want to apply too much force and risk snapping any of them and then how easy would it be to re-attach. Very difficult to see up underneath also and cannot get my hands in at the clips. I wanted to take it off to wrap a part of the diffuser. I attach a photo but not that good in the light (wrapped in situ in the end).
Been trying out wrapping to pass the time, relatively easy on flat bit, not so on curves etc - more practice needed

jag diffuser.jpg

Foot2Floor

Post by Foot2Floor »

Also looking to make this switch. The single clear led looks so much better than the half and half red one I think.
Polaris White V6 S Coupe
Pano Roof
770w Meridian
Black, Visibility & Parking Pack
Heated Seats

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post