VAP V6 Power Pack & 200 Cell Cats/Downpipes Fitted

Anything F-Type related......
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello All,

Not had too much time to drive my car since returning from David Appleby Engineering. Will get some video footage once the coast is clear. Initial thoughts...

Running out of subtle mods to do so thought time to increase noise & power. Booked into David Appleby Engineering for V6 Power Pack & 200 Cell Cats/Downpipe. This is the maxed out option including Crank Pulley & Belt alongside ECU Remap. Now this mod will almost be entirely wasted on my car. It is a very much a highly cherished, dry weekend-only garage queen. Only used driving to meets, or coffee/breakfast on a Saturday/Sunday. An example of how carefully it’s driven at the last MOT, my six year old car has only gone through 30% of original brake pads. However it is a very nice-to-have & will come in handy when the aggressive Audi/Golf/BMW heathens insist on letting you know they have four farting pipes at the rear 😄

Dropped car off on the Monday, they keep it overnight to get remap file sent/returned from Canada & picked it up on Tuesday. Picture of OEM & new 200 Cell Cats/Downpipes...

AC9B6D75-0590-4163-B7E6-C09B01A13B01.jpeg

4CC59D40-BC53-4869-A1BD-A1AB30D4B883.jpeg

4F3EB2AD-6596-45B8-AEBE-1FC07D87A04A.jpeg

Car had been left in dynamic mode so bit of a shock firing it up to drive home. Had a noticeable more aggressive growl when started & got out to listen at back & certainly more grunt. Drive home was great but it did get some getting used to. Put car away but was very keen to drive again from cold & in normal mode. Although I wanted more power & noise I didn’t want an overly noisy road/rally type drive. I love the refinement of the V6 & the car has always driven beautifully.

Had to wait to the weekend & managed to take it out a few times. Every time I enjoyed it more!

Initial firing from cold. Louder bark initially but once valves close it is acceptable & shouldn’t pee the neighbours off. They will know your there but it’s not unnecessarily loud. Driving away in normal mode you would think it’s OEM sound wise, just a little bit of extra bark if you want. Once engine is warmed up & driving on faster roads best way to describe is in normal mode the throttle response is as were is dynamic mode. Absolutely perfect. You can keep it in this mode for a lovely spirited drive & be very happy.

Put it into dynamic mode & it turns into something a bit more naughty altogether. Perfectly drivable but a heavy left foot press lets you know some things have changed 😄 The exhaust fully let’s rip after 3000rpm & is louder than OEM but never obscene. Keeping the OEM back box is a must & provides best of both worlds. Then plop into Dynamic/Sport for the final cherry on the top.

DAE wrapped the OEM Cats/Pulley/Belt so everything can be returned to stock if required.

Could not recommend this work highly enough. James Appleby did the work himself & these are the guys who prepared/maintained the Invictus GT4 F-Types.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That sounds really good Darren.
DAE do seem to get excellent comments.
I’m very tempted myself.
How much extra was it on your insurance and who are you insured with?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Nice one Darren, looking forward to hearing it at one of the future meets when they’re on again...
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
basher

Post by basher »

Awesome Darren.

How much did it all cost? What increase in power/torque will this give you?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Nick

Post by Nick »

Well done Darren, Keep us advised as to how she goes please long term, would love to get mine a few more ponies.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Lunar wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:59 pm That sounds really good Darren.
I’m very tempted myself.

In process of renewing. Will let you know 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Nick wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:45 pm Well done Darren, Keep us advised as to how she goes please long term, would love to get mine a few more ponies.
Really :shock: So you have a V8R and can honestly say you need more power :shock: Do you track it ?
If not I can honestly say there is no way anyone can use the full potential of a standard V8R on a public road :D :D
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
Nick

Post by Nick »

I know, :lol:

Yea love to track cars however haven’t been on one with this car yet as I need to get the brakes changed first, looking at going back to steel for track use.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

DaddyDarren wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:34 pm
Lunar wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:59 pm That sounds really good Darren.
I’m very tempted myself.

In process of renewing. Will let you know 👍
Appreciated - cheers 👍🏻
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tel

Post by Tel »

NAC63 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:44 pm
Nick wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:45 pm Well done Darren, Keep us advised as to how she goes please long term, would love to get mine a few more ponies.
Really :shock: So you have a V8R and can honestly say you need more power :shock: Do you track it ?
If not I can honestly say there is no way anyone can use the full potential of a standard V8R on a public road :D :D
You can never have too much torque! ;-)

It's very addictive and on a V8R, the gains are fully useable...you just need to be a bit more on the ball!...

The difficulty is, remembering it takes just over 4 seconds to 70mph!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩