Essential journeys !

Anything F-Type related......
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Cool Hand Luke wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:14 pm Thanks chaps but not a big deal. I retired young because of lifetime and annual allowances and was always going to do some locums after taking a few months off, just didn't expect to be working quite so much quite so soon !

Anyone else an essential worker and still getting to enjoy their f type ?
Mines been a daily driver for 2 years and VERY empty roads just now! ..plus my 2and service got canned because of the outbreak!
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....

NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

And before anybody else says it, I know it's only half an engine :lol:
scm

Post by scm »

I was lucky in that I got my service and MOT done in early March, but unlucky in that it's booked in for some warranty work (fuel system issues) on April 7th, which had been cancelled, as far as I'm aware. My warranty expires in July this year, so hope they'll honour the warranty if it gets delayed beyond that.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

I queried there would be no effect on warranty etc due to delayed service. Dealer said no issue as car was booked in and THEY had to cancel due to government edict
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I have just received a message from BMW stating due to current restrictions on opening, warranty will not be affected as long as the car is not more than 2 months overdue and 10,000 miles over mileage.
This will be reviewed as the situation evolves.
Presume JLR will,issue something similar soon.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

My parents died a while ago and I have been trying to sell their house. The insurance on the empty house dictates that it is visited once a week to check for security and leaks etc. The house is about 10 miles from my home. Do you think I could drive my F-Type to their house at this time under lockdown? Obviously I would be travelling from a locked down house, by 'sealed' car to an empty house and then after an hour back again. I'm not certain if this comes under an essential journey? Probably not but I can't find information anywhere. Obviously the house is not being viewed by anyone for selling purposes. This is purely to make sure the house is OK.

Thanks, Chris
2019 White P300 Coupe
scm

Post by scm »

I'd contact the insurance company and ask them. Get the answer in writing, just in case!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

Yes, I would carry a copy of the insurance that states the requirement just in case plod needs to see it.
There is a lot of misunderstanding about driving to work. It's not just essential workers but anybody who can't work from home. Obviously businesses have to obey the new rules of social distancing and some (pubs etc) have to close to the public (can still do takeaway).
I have a photographic studio 6 miles from home and, although I'm doing no shoots at the moment, need to go and check it out for safety and security. I may not take the F Type though as my Mini is probably less of a plod magnet.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Mine hasn’t moved for two weeks, I can’t work from home so I’m allowed to travel but I take my van. I’d imagine the AA/RAC and dealers will be run off their feet once the lockdown is lifted, cars like to be used not sat around for weeks/months on end. I might risk taking mine around the block at the weekend, I’m sure the neighbours won’t hear a thing :lol:
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

johnsoncp wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:18 am My parents died a while ago and I have been trying to sell their house. The insurance on the empty house dictates that it is visited once a week to check for security and leaks etc. The house is about 10 miles from my home. Do you think I could drive my F-Type to their house at this time under lockdown? Obviously I would be travelling from a locked down house, by 'sealed' car to an empty house and then after an hour back again. I'm not certain if this comes under an essential journey? Probably not but I can't find information anywhere. Obviously the house is not being viewed by anyone for selling purposes. This is purely to make sure the house is OK.

Thanks, Chris
I would go as per the insurance requirement. It’s not as if you’re meeting anyone at all so minimal risk, the only slight risk is that you’ll need to get fuel more regularly.