battery life

Anything F-Type related......
jahead

Post by jahead »

hi ya , as we are all holed up without being able to go for any kind of journey and i m not able to trickle charge the battery does anyone know how long it will last , my old porsche would be flat in 21 days for sure

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I think a lot depends on different factors from age and condition (which are often unrelated) of battery to some element of luck on discharge current
Some folks will come back from a 2 week holiday to a flat battery others will tell you it sits weeks into months with no charge required
Mine's sat 3 weeks and will certainly not hesitate to spin the motor and fire instantly, but will have a low battery warning from now on. Never got to a month as I enjoy the car too much
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tel

Post by Tel »

jahead wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:43 pm hi ya , as we are all holed up without being able to go for any kind of journey and i m not able to trickle charge the battery does anyone know how long it will last , my old porsche would be flat in 21 days for sure
If you add a signature to your profile with your car details (look at mine as an example), that will help us to help you.

Without knowing the age of you car/battery, we're goosed!

FWIW - if you're really bothered, just disconnect the positive and isolate the battery from the cars' system.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:16 pm FWIW - if you're really bothered, just disconnect the positive and isolate the battery from the cars' system.
But make sure you know how to get into the boot to reconnect it before you close the lid! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tel

Post by Tel »

scm wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:42 pm
Tel wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:16 pm FWIW - if you're really bothered, just disconnect the positive and isolate the battery from the cars' system.
But make sure you know how to get into the boot to reconnect it before you close the lid! ;)
Well remembered!
I use a small plastic trim tool to stop the boot latch from engaging, so it's closed 'ish, bit not latched... Wouldn't do it if outdoors.

You could (in theory) connect some plastic covered bowden cable to the manual boot lock emergency release and feed it out through the left side of the bootlid... I'd need to trial that a few times though as I'm not sure how much force is required to pull it.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
ianp

Post by ianp »

Running to the supermarket twice a week would keep it topped up surely?
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
scm

Post by scm »

Better to limit trips to supermarket - less risk of exposure to anything nasty.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post