Too Tall To Drive

Anything F-Type related......
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

If the deposit is refundable then no worries. Take it for a good long test drive and let's hope you fit !
🤞
Let us know how you get on Tootall please.
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Spotted on FB F-Type forum yesterday. Someone had so much time on hands they took their seats out to do a thorough clean 😄

Wonder if you did buy the car, either you have the narrower, lighter seats or could even have some bespoke modification done to push the seat back a couple more inches. Anything is possible.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

I’m 6’4” with 36” legs and fit OK in a 2014 Convertible. Must admit though, wouldn’t want to be any taller. Mine does have the sports seat.
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

Northnoble wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:22 am I’m 6’4” with 36” legs and fit OK in a 2014 Convertible. Must admit though, wouldn’t want to be any taller. Mine does have the sports seat.
Thanks! Such a pain, just need someone who lives near me so I can try it 😅
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Buying “toys” has always been a challenge!

Best results so far:

Noble M12
Toyota Mr2
Ariel Atom
Porsche 911 Turbo

Worst by a country mile...... AC Cobra, couldn’t even get in, let alone drive! The guy that sold me my Noble said he would throw in the AC for nothing if I could drive it!!!!
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

I am just praying I fit, this will be A. The first time I have bought a car on finance (£366 pm). B. Sub 5seconds C. RWD D. 2 seater E. over 30K. Basically I don’t know if I am excited or nervous! My dream car is the 4C but don’t fit. I was looking at M4 but just doesn’t wow me..
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

A friend of mine has an M4 competition which is a lovely car but as you say, it just looks like a nice version of a 4 series BMW and definitely no wow factor (although it is a quick car!). In a similar way the 911 is a better car when you look at the statistics and journo’s opinion but to me it’s a much more about how you feel when you’re driving it, and how others react to your car when they see it and the Jag wins hands down in these aspects. I looked at loads of different cars before settling on the FT and it came down to the theatre of driving it and the irrepressible smile every time I heard it, as well as the reactions of other drivers to it.
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

Thanks, yeah I think for me it’s the character of the car that does it for me!
scm

Post by scm »

Tootalltodrive wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:51 pmBasically I don’t know if I am excited or nervous!
You're allowed to be both! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi, 6ft 2 in a 2014 R
I fit in perfectly but the seat is all the way back. What I did find recently is that lowering the seat to its lowest position (did this so I could fit in with a crash helemt on for a track day) did give me a lot more room for adjustment.
Good luck with the new car and remember to lower the seat.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post