Too Tall To Drive

Anything F-Type related......
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I'm just 6ft with 32in inside leg. With my performance seats in 2015 coupe I could do with a bit more legroom. To get the seat as far back as possible, I have to compromise on having the seat back a bit more upright than I like. (Also could do with the steering wheel a bit closer.)
There's loads of space beyond the pedals, I often wonder if the pedal arms could be changed for more legroom.
If you are 6ft4 you really should try before you buy or be prepared to compromise on ideal legroom. Let us know how you get on.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I have performance seats in MY20 convertible and am 6’ 2” with 34”inside leg. No problem for me and the seat is not fully down and at least 1.5” from fully back.

If they guarantee a returnable deposit then you don’t have anything lose and the car won’t get bought by someone else. Most people buying used have to compromise on spec so if you’ve found the ideal spec you’ve done well. Good luck
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

GusA wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:45 pm I have performance seats in MY20 convertible and am 6’ 2” with 34”inside leg. No problem for me and the seat is not fully down and at least 1.5” from fully back.

If they guarantee a returnable deposit then you don’t have anything lose and the car won’t get bought by someone else. Most people buying used have to compromise on spec so if you’ve found the ideal spec you’ve done well. Good luck
Thanks, I think I will drop the deposit down on Monday and then when this all blows over get over to view and try the car
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Just a thought and I don’t know if it’s possible but worth checking to see if it’s possible to fit the newer thinner seats into an older model car? Could make all the difference. I’d be surprised if they changed the mounting points. Others on this forum may be able to advise.
nurgle

Post by nurgle »

I'm 6 foot MY 14 and again seat fully back, more upright than ideal so that my right foot isn't at an uncomfortable angle. I'd say beware.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Thank gawd I'm only 5'6''...just have to tie a couple of wooden blocks to my feet to reach the pedals ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

Being tall is great until you call a dealership and have to ask to check fit for driving and they think you just want to drive without buying. Only 24 so buying my Jaaaaaag young.
nurgle

Post by nurgle »

I was also 24 when I got my first XK8. Racing green convertible 1997 model I think. Used to park it in the consultant's car park (before the days of passes and barriers!)
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

6' tall 32 inside leg and standard seat in MY18 convertible needs to be as far back as possible. I'd be wary 🤙
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

Well the deposit down can be refunded if I don’t fit etc. So it’s alright, just have to hope!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post