Winter hibernation for 6 months...

Anything F-Type related......
Arne

Post by Arne »

If you get into a serious accident I don't think Corona would be the biggest worry....

It is all a matter of finding the right balanse between risk of exposure and the negative effects of shutting everything down. No matter what you do, the virus will have to go through the community . We will not be able to get rid of it. What we need to do is reduce the exposure as much as possible to those who have high risk of severe consequenses, and keep the level of exposure below what the hospitals can handle.

How strong the bans needs to be will vary - both in time and for different countries. There are various strategies implemented in various countries, and time will show which countries implemented the best strategies. Right now nobody knows as we are all in unchartered waters.

But this virus will stay with us for many months, and probably way into next year. Shutting down a country completely for that long time is most probably not a good (or realistic) solution.

Take precaution - yes. But not to a degree where the negative effects of the precautions is worse than the negative healt effects of the virus.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

F-Word

Post by F-Word »

With the amount of traffic on the roads in Norway during corona crisis, it’s going to be pretty hard to get into a crash with another motorist and I doubt that Arne is planning on a solo accident. Anyways, everyday activities around the house probably entail just as much risk of leading to a situation that requires hospitalization as Arne cruising in his F-type.

You mentioned risk of a breakdown....are you suggesting that our F-types aren’t reliable???

Go for a drive Arne and enjoy it!
Arne

Post by Arne »

F-Word wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:42 pm With the amount of traffic on the roads in Norway during corona crisis, it’s going to be pretty hard to get into a crash with another motorist and I doubt that Arne is planning on a solo accident. Anyways, everyday activities around the house probably entail just as much risk of leading to a situation that requires hospitalization as Arne cruising in his F-type.

You mentioned risk of a breakdown....are you suggesting that our F-types aren’t reliable???

Thanks - I most certainly will.

And if you should follow the logic of someone else here, since most accidents happens at home, you should not stay at home either... 😉
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Arne wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:34 pm
F-Word wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:42 pm With the amount of traffic on the roads in Norway during corona crisis, it’s going to be pretty hard to get into a crash with another motorist and I doubt that Arne is planning on a solo accident. Anyways, everyday activities around the house probably entail just as much risk of leading to a situation that requires hospitalization as Arne cruising in his F-type.

And if you should follow the logic of someone else here, since most accidents happens at home, you should not stay at home either... 😉
So right I know you are talking about me. I have just lost 2 good friends due to coronavirus and my daughter is a front line critical care paramedic whom I constantly worry about.
It is idiots like you who seem to think it won't happen to me attitude,so I'll carry on, as I believe I'm ok, but don't care about other people.
You carry on driving round filling up at petrol stations. I just hope you never get this virus. So good look and carry on.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
Arne

Post by Arne »

NAC63 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:24 pm
Arne wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:34 pm

So right I know you are talking about me. I have just lost 2 good friends due to coronavirus and my daughter is a front line critical care paramedic whom I constantly worry about.
It is idiots like you who seem to think it won't happen to me attitude,so I'll carry on, as I believe I'm ok, but don't care about other people.
You carry on driving round filling up at petrol stations. I just hope you never get this virus. So good look and carry on.
I do very well understand that many people suffer badly from the consequenses of this virus, and I am sorry to hear that you are one of them.

However I think you should read and try to understand what I am actually writing.

Calling me an idiot with a "it won't happen to me" attitude, because I take my car out for a drive, just show that you don't have a clue - in so many ways.

Read what I have actually written, and try to look at this whole Corona situation with a little longer time horizon. The virus is here, and it won't go away anytime soon - no matter what we do. Lot's of people will get infected, and a lot more will unfortunately die. As I have allready written, there are different strategies that might be applied to reduce the amount of people getting infected at the same time, so not to overload the capacity of the hospitals. But enough people will have to be infected, cured and get resistant before this virus "burns out" and/or we get an effective vaksine.

I do understand your worries, but overreacting because I want to take my car out for a drive where I live, taking into consideration the situation here in Norway now, is not a good way to react. Accusing me of not careing about other people because of what I have written here, is just so out of place. You have NO idea of which kind of considerations I take, and whome I do worry a lot for. Do you really think your situation is so special now?

You can apologice and I will accept that considering the difficult situation you clearly are in. If not, I do suggest you stay out of this topic in sosial media, till you again are in a state where you can be a bit more objective in how you interpret what other people actually are writing.

Ps: in Sweden schools, kindergarten and restaurants are still open, and it is almost "business as usual", but with strong advice to do the best to keep sosial distance. And they do advice everyone in the high risk category to stay home.

I guess that mean those in charge don't care much about their own people..... or they might have a different strategy?

Time will tell what aproach was the best. Right now, nobody knows for sure.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Perhaps we should take a breather on this one for a while?
Countries have different responses and what we might think is wrong isn't in other countries.
It would help if people put their locations on their profiles to avoid confusion.
:D
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

If we were told it was ok to drive I’d be out there now. Norway has different rules, as do many other counties, you enjoy your car Arne, we are just jealous.
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Hmm, I live in Scotland where it’s remote (aka great roads) but today the roads were full of idiots (mainly in chavy hot hatches) giving it yahoo....think carefully about going out, it may be quiet but I think the risk is up as some think it’s empty and therefore safe!!

How stupid would you feel phoning the AA or the ambulance service??
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
Arne

Post by Arne »

The situation in Norway right now is not too bad, and it's probabely because we did react very early, and therefor don't need so strict bans as many other countries do. Don't get me wrong - it IS a lot of bans, but we are actually supported in leaving the home for a walk, run, syckling and other psycical activities - as long as we keep social distances, and don't get together in any kind of groups. The government think this is going to last for a long time (many months), and they don't think "staying home" is the long (and not even possible) way to go forward.

For me personally, taking the car out for a nice drive, is no more risk involved (or actually less) than going to the food store to get neccessary food supplies for my family (including my 87 years old mother that lives alone).

We also still have good capacity in hospital and ambulanse services. Actually good enough to send a team of 22 doctors and nurses fully loaded with emergency equipment to North Italy (the Lombardia-region) to help out where it is more needed than here. And one of them is a close friend.

Sorry for getting my temper a bit up earlier, but I don't like to be called an idiot by someone who jumps to conclusion without knowing much....
Last edited by Arne on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkshire Cat

Post by Yorkshire Cat »

I also use a CTECH MXS5 plugged in all the time. The wire seems happy to have the boot closed and locked on it. doe a good job re keeping the battery fully charged.
On another matter does anyone else have an issue with stain markings on the chrome air intakes on the engine side panels. I had the dealer (1st 12 month service) polish them out but they have come back. The car has 1200 miles is stored in an unheated garage and only been out in the rain once.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post