Winter hibernation for 6 months...

Anything F-Type related......
Arne

Post by Arne »

And it's been stored in a non heated garage with temperatures way below freezing (down to -15 celsius). It was stored with overinflated tires (50+ psi), newly serviced and with full tank (under an indoor cover). Battery has been charged with a Ctek 5.0 charger every 6. week til chargerlamp is green (typical 6-10 hours). Still has the OEM battery from 2014, and it's 4 weeks since last recharge.
Today I adjusted the tires to 36 psi (it was +6 celsius), and pushed the starter button. It took a few revs (~1 sec) and the engine started. It ran smooth and after a couple of minutes warm up I drove off. The car ran just as great as when new, no tire vibrations, rattles or anything "bad".
It felt just like getting a new F-type once more, and I had a great time behind the wheels after a 6 months long wait!
I just love this car πŸ™‚
Easter will be restricted due to the Corona virus, but fortunately we don't have any driving bans. My wife and I should have left for Key Largo yesterday, but now I can spend more time in the F-type instead. Looking very much forward to that, and we do have some great country roads here.
I do miss the Keys, freediving and fishing though. That will have to wait til next year.
Stay safe and take care everyone - and try to enjoy the best way you can!
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Enjoy while you can , it won't be long before you end up like us in Europe. God forbid.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
Arne

Post by Arne »

NAC63 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:04 pm Enjoy while you can , it won't be long before you end up like us in Europe. God forbid.
I am in Europe (Norway), and have been working from home the last 3 weeks. Most of the country is in lock down, but we are still allowed to go for a drive. Can't see that will change soon, and why? It's way better to use your car than public transport.
scm

Post by scm »

Arne wrote: ↑Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:51 pmBattery has been charged with a Ctek 5.0 charger every 6. week til chargerlamp is green (typical 6-10 hours).
Why didn't you leave it connected all the time, as it's designed to be? :?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Arne wrote: ↑Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:10 pm
NAC63 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:04 pm Enjoy while you can , it won't be long before you end up like us in Europe. God forbid.
I am in Europe (Norway), and have been working from home the last 3 weeks. Most of the country is in lock down, but we are still allowed to go for a drive. Can't see that will change soon, and why? It's way better to use your car than public transport.
When your death rate gets into thousands you will soon see why people must stay at home.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
Arne

Post by Arne »

NAC63 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:48 am
When your death rate gets into thousands you will soon see why people must stay at home.
I can't see how driving will cause any increased risk for contamination. Public transport- yes. Private car - no. Just take the precautions when filling gas (use disposable gloves when operating the pump).

People do mostly stay at home in Norway. We were early in closing down schools, working from home, closing shops, gyms and all "no neccessary organized activity". So far rather successfull as the rate of people going into hospital due to Corona infection is now lower than the rate of poeple being released from hospital (for the 4. day in a row).
Arne

Post by Arne »

scm wrote: ↑Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 pm
Arne wrote: ↑Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:51 pmBattery has been charged with a Ctek 5.0 charger every 6. week til chargerlamp is green (typical 6-10 hours).
Why didn't you leave it connected all the time, as it's designed to be? :?
A good question, and no good answere. I started using the prosedure with conecting/ disconecting the charger (when the car was new), as I had an older Ctek charger then. I have done this on previous cars in the past as well, and never had to replace a battery ever. The condition of my battery seems still to be great, so I have just kept to my old prosedure, as it seems to work well.
badger

Post by badger »

Arne wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:01 am

I can't see how driving will cause any increased risk for contamination. Public transport- yes. Private car - no. Just take the precautions when filling gas (use disposable gloves when operating the pump).

its more the risk you pose to other people in the event of an accident/breakdown, exposing greater number of people into the safe distancing area, I read somewhere a serious accident would expose up to 18 emergency services to the scene before you reach hospital.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
scm

Post by scm »

badger wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 am its more the risk you pose to other people in the event of an accident/breakdown, exposing greater number of people into the safe distancing area, I read somewhere a serious accident would expose up to 18 emergency services to the scene before you reach hospital.
Not to mention the likelihood of picking up something nasty when you're at the hospital. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

badger wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 am
Arne wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:01 am

its more the risk you pose to other people in the event of an accident/breakdown, exposing greater number of people into the safe distancing area, I read somewhere a serious accident would expose up to 18 emergency services to the scene before you reach hospital.
Exactly thisπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post