New owner, few questions

Anything F-Type related......
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

Just got a 2014 V8 R Coupe and so far am loving it! Just a few questions to get me going....

1. It’s my daily driver so it will be used often but there are periods where I’m away with work for a few weeks and I want to cover it up. Any recommendations for a decent waterproof car cover that doesn’t break the bank? Found several on amazon around £40 but no idea if they’ll fit!

2. Fixed rear spoiler, what are the options and how does it work with the spoiler that raises up?

3. Tinted rear window? Do people get this done? As the parcel shelf is quite thick and the boot relatively shallow I’ll have to take off to fit certain bags in. But the window is clear and you can see right in. Any thoughts, I’m guessing just a dark tint will do the job?

Thanks!

P.S. Here is a pic of her...

B28D9937-AC54-4ABC-96B0-EE31588D7946.jpeg

V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.

alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

2.. Spoiler isnt fixed,should go up and down with the switch and raise and lower at speed.

3. I have the lightest tint available all round and it fine,just dark enough to take away prying eyes.
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

alpinaman wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:17 pm 2.. Spoiler isnt fixed,should go up and down with the switch and raise and lower at speed.

3. I have the lightest tint available all round and it fine,just dark enough to take away prying eyes.
Ah sorry I mean I’m interested in adding a fixed rear wing like the SVR one.
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

nice colour
scm

Post by scm »

darstellar wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:56 pm Ah sorry I mean I’m interested in adding a fixed rear wing like the SVR one.
There's a "standard" fixed spoiler that doesn't move (I have one) but for the SVR spoiler I think you need to replace the panel below the rear glass. I think there's a thread somehwere on here about it, and I also think there might be something in the For Sale and Wanted section about it.

Here you go ... viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4344
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Dont scrimp on a cheap outdoor cover, your car will end up looking like you polished it with a brillo pad.
As for the spoiler your looking at least 2.5k to 3k to buy and retrofit.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

scm wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:57 pm
darstellar wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:56 pm Ah sorry I mean I’m interested in adding a fixed rear wing like the SVR one.
There's a "standard" fixed spoiler that doesn't move (I have one) but for the SVR spoiler I think you need to replace the panel below the rear glass. I think there's a thread somehwere on here about it, and I also think there might be something in the For Sale and Wanted section about it.

Here you go ... viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4344
Ah I see, in that case I'd be interested in a standard fixed one that doesn't move. Do you have more info on that or where to get one? I had a quick search and can just see a couple of ebay options. Is it a case of attaching it and disconnecting the motor that raises the current one?
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

Timbo wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:04 pm Dont scrimp on a cheap outdoor cover, your car will end up looking like you polished it with a brillo pad.
As for the spoiler your looking at least 2.5k to 3k to buy and retrofit.
Cheers for the info. You reckon these cheap ones will damage it even if they have a soft fleece lining? Just cant justify spending over £150 on a cover, seems mental.
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

[/quote]

Cheers for the info. You reckon these cheap ones will damage it even if they have a soft fleece lining? Just cant justify spending over £150 on a cover, seems mental.
[/quote]

I’d also recommend buying the most expensive cover you can. Even a soft lining can be abrasive if there is any movement. Breathability matters too. Cars sweat and over time can affect the paint finish.

This review might help: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.carb ... -buy%3famp

And bespoke options are here:

https://www.carscovers.co.uk/jaguar-f-t ... wards.html
BRG V6 with 20 inch alloys and the Exhaust switch!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

£150 for cover, how much was the car???

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post