Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Official Jaguar email received.....

http://links.email.jaguar.co.uk/servlet ... &mt=1&rt=0
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I had an email from my dealer, advising of service due. It allowed online booking which I did, but have not heard anything back from them.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
scm

Post by scm »

Inchcape Southampton contacted me today and rebooked me for 2nd June, in anticipation of early delockdown. Not getting my hopes up, though.

And I got the Jaguar email, too, about running the engine periodically. I favour my fortnightly grocery trips to use the car, however.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Presumably the only reason to run up the engine every week is for the battery, as described in the Jaguar bulletin. With a battery conditioner maintaining the battery, I think it's better to not run the engine at all?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

what about condensation building up in the exhaust and rotting it out prematurely???
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Had a call from Grange Hatfield (Jag/LR/RR/McLaren/Aston) dealership to say bring my wifes Evoque in for a service as originally booked which surprised me. As it's local I did this yesterday.
I also think when running the car occasionally it would be wise to turn the AC down to minimum to allow the system to activate and lubricate all those O ring connections that could dry out. The refridgerant has a lubricator in it.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I’m with scm, using mine about every 10 days to do the food shop to keep everything running.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Jaguandy wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:42 pm Presumably the only reason to run up the engine every week is for the battery, as described in the Jaguar bulletin. With a battery conditioner maintaining the battery, I think it's better to not run the engine at all?
Yes - this is the only reason. With a battery conditioner you'd be much better. All running the engine does for 15 mins. is adds a small amount of charge to it once you overcome the drain caused by waking the car and actually starting it, but also does the maximum damage by running the engine from cold and no load. Clearly the advice is general as people leaving cars untouched for a month or so will find many with flat batteries

Funny enough my Evoque with a fairly new battery is showing signs of draining as despite 15 min drive each way to shops each week the battery is becoming more drained. Onto the charger this week..

All this is different advice to the things required for longer term (over Winter) storage where tyres, seals, etc. start to matter as we're talking about just a few weeks lockdown
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
basher

Post by basher »

I got the email too.

I'm planning to drive mine around in the next few days as I've not driven it for a month. Just local roads. Hopefully won't be any police around. 😏

I have a local Sainsbury's that's walking distance, so no need to use the car for essential shopping.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Thanks. I'm hoping for a small improvement to lockdown in a few weeks, just to go for a drive. My problem is everything is walking distance- shop, country walks, that's all I need.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16