Maintaining your car during lockdown

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:53 am... no need to use the car for essential shopping.
There's always a need to use an F-Type for essential shopping! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Tel

Post by Tel »

IMHO, having spent over two decades having to leave cars and bikes alone in semi stasis because of my work, it is important to exercise vehicles regularly.

Getting the running gear up to temp, not only circulates and re oils all the moving parts, but displaces any moisture that has built up within any nooks and crannies.

15 minutes or more is required to get for example the rear diff up to running temp of 45C. 50mph will smooth out any flat spots appearing on the tyres and also clean any surface rust from the disks. Running the ac as mentioned, lubes the system and will dehumidify the interior.

Forget about the battery charging myth... It merely refreshes the battery for around an hour... That's it. Ctek is your friend here.

The above applies to all equipment that I use at work, and pretty much every electro/mechanical device that is in the environment. 12.000te ships, Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicles, you name it, just about any invention that we utilise. Cars are not immune.

Beleive me, when a car has been left and not regularly taken for a cruise, the deteriation rate is quite noticable compared to a lightly exercised one.

Lockdown will go on for quite a considerable time yet.... We're not even half way.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Well 3 more weeks lockdown minimum to 7th May :( , mines been static and off the CTek for 3 weeks, so plugged in the CTek, within a couple of hours it was showing green and fully charged again. Have to do a Doctors trip tomorrow, think it's the turn of the Jag to do a run :)

Don't think that'll be long enough to get the Maps reloaded though.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Mine got a wash and polish yesterday, despite not been driven since the last wash and wax!
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Thanks for this. I still drive the car once / week
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver