Anyone gone from an S2000 to Z4M to F-Type?

Anything F-Type related......
Tcochrane92

Post by Tcochrane92 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:18 pm
Tcochrane92 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:11 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:03 pm Z4 3.0s to the F Type V6S
Much more mature car, better performance, better build than the Z4. Heavier but the 380hp in the S is way more productive than the 240hp in the Z4 (sure the ///M had a few more hp but it wasn't muck quicker on real world roads than the 3.0

Noise of the V6 is intoxicating, especially the earlier models and those with active exhaust to play with
IMHO the V6 is still a sports car but V8 a GT. Much heavier and brutal in a straight line, but too thirsty. Between to 2.0 and 5.0 the 3.0 is the sweetspot of the range (but of course that's the traditional argument like 2.0, 2.2, 2.5, 3.0 or ///M on the Z4)

Would def go for the S badge to get the extra bhp and other toys such as LSD and personally never looked back since the day I purchased it
I knew I recognized your name from somewhere, the z4 forum! I remember you left a few years ago after getting a V6 F Type and I was very jealous haha
Yes - that's me - small world :)
I used to return to the nationals for a run each Summer to meet old Z4 friends and annoy them with the V6 sound in the mountains
Haha fantastic.
IMO, the M engine sounds just as good as the F Type V6 (though my M did have custom backboxes...)

My F Type R takes the cake though :twisted:

alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

I have had 2 x Z4M's.. A roady and a Coupe.

I loved them,the S54 is a great unit,but the gearboxes and rear suspension are very poor.

I have had loads of stuff in between, Z4 35is...M5, C63's,370z,XKR's...

The F type is great,attracts loads of attention and drives well .... V6 or V8 is personal choice,i bought a V6 because it cost buttons to run and was getting ill with paying £600 a year to tax my previous cars..

Grip isnt fantastic,and handling isnt cutting edge but does everything well..
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

The F-Type is a great car whichever model you have.

The V6 S ticks all the boxes for me.

Looks, sound, performance, handling etc........it’s got the lot!

Never had so many random people commenting on how nice my car looks........worth every penny!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Problem with the S54 is the lack of exhaust noise in standard form. I added Stromung exhaust and it did sound a lot better, much deeper but still lacked character. Induction noise with a Gruppe M was glorious though.

Unlike any previous weekend car I've owned, I don't feel the need to modify the V6S for more noise.... It's perfect for me. Especially with the vacuum hoses disconnected meaning the valves are always open, even below 3000rpm. Although the purest will argue the noise is engineered (well programmed) which I guess it is.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scz4 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:23 pm Unlike any previous weekend car I've owned, I don't feel the need to modify the V6S for more noise.... It's perfect for me. Especially with the vacuum hoses disconnected meaning the valves are always open, even below 3000rpm. Although the purest will argue the noise is engineered (well programmed) which I guess it is.

Yep, definitely no need to modify the V6 S for more noise!

I’ve kept the switchable active exhaust vacuum hoses connected as I like the option of having both normal and loud........although it's always loud on start up.

Must be the 'purist' in me.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Yes I have owned 3 Z4M roadsters in the past and a E89 3.5is Z4

I do prefer the F Type overall as a total package . the E89 did not last long as a totally unacceptable harsh ride
the z4m models were great nice simple roof mechanism and nice weighted hydraulic steering .. good tech for the day

But they had to be revved hard to get the claimed high BHP output figure of 320 odd BHP if my memory serves me well .. also a good Z4M holds its money well ... and I hated the notchy gearbox and all of them suffered from hesitation at light throttle when driving through a town etc.

I also don't really think the F Type is worth the price to be honest (even though I purchased new) but I am hopefully looking to upgrade to a V8 F type soon so must be happy

but the MR2's of the day .. S2000 and the Z4 range all good cars
all the best

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post