V6 service & MOT cost

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

badger wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:34 am
cj10jeeper wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:15 am Not sure of others experience but 2 local dealers both told me that the F type is excluded from fixed price servicing

Regards spark plugs. I buy my own oem plugs and supply and dealers fit for free when doing a service. I ask for all checks like seatbelts and tyre pressure, plus cleaning to be left out and the dealer gives me a much reduced price. £300 last time. Plugs cost me £30 online from a dealer on eBay
At least I keep the stamp by doing all this
the f type is included, if you scroll down the link. the 2 dealers who told you otherwise clearly trying to extract every extra penny out of you.
Yes - I know, you cannot force a dealer to honour when they confirm not covered. That was a year ago so perhaps changed since. On of the dealers bas now closed for good, so perhaps justice :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

scm

Post by scm »

I got a call from Inchcape a while back and they rebooked mine in for warranty work on 2nd June. Have to wait and see if the lockdown is lifted by then!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

I thought the plug change was every 6 yrs not 5yrs
Even on the V6 which used to be every 3yrs but also now every 6yrs .
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Yes I have seen both 5 years and 6 years quoted for the V6, so also not sure!
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

NAC63 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:11 am I thought the plug change was every 6 yrs not 5yrs

The actual Jaguar service schedule for my vehicle states 80,000 miles or 60 months.
;)
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes, that's correct - just had mine replaced with the big 60 month service.

Can't advise on the costs as the whole service was carried our for free as a customer goodwill gesture, seeing as I'd had to have the engine replaced under warranty. And yes they would have willingly replaced the plugs at the same time as installing the new engine but the Jag warranty company wouldn't pay - ...if it ain't broke. Happy with the service timing though - always worth doing an early oil change with a new engine just for peace of mind, even with today's fine manufacturing periods.

It also triggered me to replace the plugs on my '65 Mustang - they're generally pretty resilient parts as long as the engine is kept running in tune and with no valve stem oil leaks - but I'm guessing the ones that came out were maybe 15 years old judging by the external condition.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I thought the 60 month (5 year) service was an interim?
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Glaf wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:01 pm
NAC63 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:11 am I thought the plug change was every 6 yrs not 5yrs

The actual Jaguar service schedule for my vehicle states 80,000 miles or 60 months.
;)
Ah right it must just be the V8 that is every 6yrs or 96k miles then. Mine are due the next service but as I've only done 17000 miles I cant see the point really as i wouldn't think the time factor ie 6yrs would affect the spark plugs ,more mileage really.
I see the supercharger belt is on the 6yr service too, that i agree with as time would be a factor on a rubber belt.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

JurassicF wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:08 pm I thought the 60 month (5 year) service was an interim?

There is no mention of an ‘interim’ service anywhere.
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

If you look on the Jaguar fixed price service sheet, it shows major and interim services.
Each year my service costs have reflected this.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post