V6 service & MOT cost

Anything F-Type related......
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

scz4 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:02 pm Just to revitalise this thread since there was some good information in there.

I just booked my 2014MY V6S in for it's 96month service with my local Jaguar dealer and was pleasantly surprised at the cost, just £535 vs £701 on the Jaguar website. I believe that's for oil, spark plugs and airbox filters. Although now wondering if that's the air pollen filter and not airbox. Jaguar website is very vague, see below. I notice there is a offer on for an oil service at £149 at the moment, so perhaps that explains some of the discount, or could it be that they're discounting older cars now like BMW do. Tried to sell me a service plan, but it was £2 cheaper over two years lol. Also declined the "enhanced engine flush" at £35.

I'm only doing around 3500-4000 miles a year at the moment. Last year I had brake fluid and diff oil done. Next year I'll see to the coolant, although that was changed last year when the supercharger was replaced.

Not booked in until the middle of next month, but excited to see what courtesy car I get, never driven another Jag before.

Capture.jpg
Plugs should have been done at 5 years, so why are they changing plugs at a 7 year service?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

scz4

Post by scz4 »

JurassicF wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:47 am
Plugs should have been done at 5 years, so why are they changing plugs at a 7 year service?
[/quote]

I'm only going by what the Jaguar servicing website tells me I need at the 96 month service as per the screenshot above. But there is so much conflicting information out there. I can also see it's supposed to be every 6 years if you download the servicing schedule. Either way, I'm quite happy to tackle one of the major items each year, so Diff oil last year, spark plugs this year, especially as I don't see any proof it's been done previously.

Capture22.jpg

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

6 years is for the V8, 5 for the V6, there is a thread confirming this and it's on the JLR website.
Agree if you don't know if they have been changed, worth getting done. However if it's always been dealer serviced they can tell if the plugs were done.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
scz4

Post by scz4 »

What's even more confusing is if you go to the Jaguar booking site, it shows spark plugs as every two years, which is excessive

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/servici ... nline.html

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post