V6 service & MOT cost

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

badger wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:38 pm the same with the spark plugs how would you know if they were replaced? you cant see them, you just have to trust they were done.
You could ask to see the old ones so you can see how bad they were. Of course, you have to trust them not to keep an old set to show customers .... The benefit with my independent is it's a small outfit and there's nowhere to hide while they're doing the work!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

kaspa wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:10 pm Hello

Just had my 3 year old F Type service today and the cost was including its 1st MOT was £531.63

Also would you believe a car only with 4089 miles failed the MOT !!! also they tried to update 251 intouch pro but it refused to let them as there is a new version coming out soon ?

all the best
Kaspa, is that because you hadn't done enough miles👍😂
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

My Evoque used to get flashed by oncomers when new, when I checked the headlights they were pointing into the sky! Does make you wonder how they are so bad from new.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

badger wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:55 am
DaddyDarren wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:45 am Including plugs that sounds a good deal. I’ve had my looked after by main dealer for last three years. Last year should have been plugs, they didn’t mention this until I collected it & it would’ve been £400+ just for plugs. Yes, ridiculous but that’s main dealers. Some say plugs don’t need changing at these low mileages but, as you say, no harm done.

Possibly going to a recommended Jaguar independent this year. It’s only done 21k but I want everything doing,, including diff oil &, at Timbo’s suggestion, gearbox oil too. It’s a much cherished keeper so want to keep it tip top.
that is poor from a main dealer, if the service specified spark plugs as a service item it should have been done unless you had told them not to. also £400 extra for plugs is steep.

The only conclusion I came to was low mileage & yes very expensive. Will see what independent says, whenever that may be ☹️
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Thread cleaned.
Let's get back to discussing the topic at hand rather than a rambling expletive-laden rant about a particular dealer.
Thanks.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

PhilB wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:25 am Thread cleaned.
Let's get back to discussing the topic at hand rather than a rambling expletive-laden rant about a particular dealer.
Thanks.
Always miss the good bits. Is MM back 😁
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
GBH

Post by GBH »

Do you think this quote from the main dealer is too much ?

"Officially the 4th service is the major one so that’s what we would recommend. On Jaguar menu pricing its coming out at £692.28 but I can offer it you for £599 including VAT. The service includes replacement oil, oil filter, pollen filter and two air filters along with a full vehicle health check."
66 MY 17 Blackberry F Type 340
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

as I have today put the car back on the road thought I would get the oil changed, so had engine flush, new oil filter and oil, rear diff oil changed and the troublesome electrical block cleaned and treated, all in £167 and I supplied the diff oil.

pleased with this deal
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

GBH wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:35 pm Do you think this quote from the main dealer is too much ?

"Officially the 4th service is the major one so that’s what we would recommend. On Jaguar menu pricing its coming out at £692.28 but I can offer it you for £599 including VAT. The service includes replacement oil, oil filter, pollen filter and two air filters along with a full vehicle health check."

I paid £479 inc VAT last year at my local franchised dealer for the 4th year service and with all the Items you mentioned.
;)
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
01286p

Post by 01286p »

And make sure that they change the differential oil too.
Price seems excellent.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post