Fitting Blackvue Dashcam

Anything F-Type related......
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Skinnyman88 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:52 am It's not clear from your pictures where the wire goes when it leaves the tailgate and how you get it into the headlining. Do you run it alongside the rubber gaiter that holds the main cables into the tailgate?

I ran it through rubber gaiter, but had to make a small hole at the end as I couldn’t fully route it under the trim.
To get under the trim, I lifted the rubber boot-lid gasket, added some extra protection to the cable so it doesn’t get damaged, refitted the gasket over the cable and passed it into the headlining from there, and then routed it towards the left rear quaterlight gasket and then on to the front of the car under the rubber trim.
Last edited by JamesOC on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK

Skinnyman88

Post by Skinnyman88 »

Thanks for that - it explains why the wire just disappears in the pictures 😁
MY20 P300, Black/Oyster, Panoramic roof, memory seats and some other bits and pieces
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

I have a BlackVue 750G fitted similarly at the front, no rear as a convertible. Still trying to get used to it as it’s great when it works but not sure if I do something wrong in the settings but some events I can see on my phone some I can’t - it really seems random but sure it is me trying to work out settings.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

JamesOC still not sure on the hardwiring to the free fuse location, can you supply closet pictures of what you did
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post