Watch your speed!

Anything F-Type related......
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

I would see the court appearance as an opportunity. I don’t know whether you’ve taken a look at this:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=5

... but this forum gave me all the info I needed to get off a parking fine and it has a whole sub forum devoted to speeding. Plenty of folk on there in the same position and plenty of help and advice.

This one might also help:

https://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban ... fences.htm

They have a whole section devoted to “how to avoid a ban”.

It’s not over yet!
BRG V6 with 20 inch alloys and the Exhaust switch!

400P

Post by 400P »

A bit late to the comments here Basher, but I hope you found the strength to fight it. You've always come across as a very considered poster on here and your comments post-incident underline that. We have all been guilty of letting the situation get the better of us amongst times, and it's probably a case or wrong place, wrong time that you got caught. If still waiting for the outcome then good luck.
- RWD 400 Sport -
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

yep .... good luck keep us posted
basher

Post by basher »

Thanks guys.

I've driven the car on 3 consecutive days, very conservatively of course, and have really enjoyed the occasion... even just going to B&Q!

So I won't be selling it.

And I discussed the situation with a number of you from this forum at Beaulieu on Sunday, so I feel much more settled in my own mind about the whole situation.

I'll submit a defense, and attend court if required. If I get a ban, that's fine. I deserve it. If I don't, then I'll consider myself very fortunate.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

The sad reality is that you can buy your way out of these situations. My brother was caught on his motorbike driving appallingly and was facing serious charges and a lengthy ban. He paid £8k for one of the best barristers around, ’Mr Loophole’, to escape the worst of it (peanuts compared to the salary he would lose if unable to get to work).

He ended up with just eight points and his license in tact with a small fine, and amazingly his insurance went down?! I assume because they find that people with more points on their license are more likely to drive carefully? Either way the system is totally corrupt and you shouldn’t be able to buy your way out of it but unless you’re doing something mental like 150mph, it’s always a case of how much money you’re willing to throw at it to make it go away...
Last edited by Blueone on Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY20 F-Type P340
W7KET

Post by W7KET »

basher wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:03 pm So... I thought I'd make the most of the new "freedoms" and go for a spirited drive this afternoon. My 1st proper drive for 10 weeks.

A3. Not a single car in front of me. Straight road. Doing 70ish. Floored it. Next thing I see is flashing blue lights in my mirror.

Policeman was very nice. I was very apologetic and embarrassed.

I'm being reported for excess speed only, but it was well above 100mph.

Court summons. I'm expecting a ban and a massive fine. I deserve it.

I'm thoroughly pissed off with myself.

Be careful. Be sensible. Be safe.
At least you have not come up with any excuses! Fair play hope you get off lighter but as you say you have to take it as deserved mate.
P300 R Dynamic
White
Oldbury (Birmingham)
W7KET

Post by W7KET »

Blueone wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:53 am The sad reality is that you can buy your way out of these situations. My brother was caught on his motorbike driving appallingly and was facing serious charges and a lengthy band. He paid £8k for one of the best barristers around, ’Mr Loophole’, to escape the worst of it (peanuts compared to the salary he would lose if unable to get to work).

He ended up with just eight points and his license in tact with a small fine, and amazingly his insurance went down?! I assume because they find that people with more points on their license are more likely to drive carefully? Either way the system is totally corrupt and you shouldn’t be able to buy your way out of it but unless you’re doing something mental like 150mph, it’s always a case of how much money you’re willing to throw at it to make it go away...
So true ! My friend got done 11am after a 2am bedtime after few to many but felt fine. It cost him £8k also and he got off. Not right but as you say if you pay for it then you can get off.
P300 R Dynamic
White
Oldbury (Birmingham)
basher

Post by basher »

Update... of sorts.

I think I've only driven twice since my last post... so I reckon that's about a dozen times in total since lockdown!!! 😮

I've not been allowed to drive by the courts since August 27, which is when they were meant to discuss my case.

I've heard nothing since then. The wait is killing me! ☹

I'm desperate to go out for a drive.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

With everything going on and stacking up I wonder if your case was discussed or put back, causing more work for them to let people know.
I can imagine it must be very frustrating now for you and you just want to know the outcome.
It frustrates me that people can go around not indicating, pulling out, etc. to their heart’s content and cause actual safety issues, whereas you were driving with utmost care and consideration.
Enjoy the feel of the decent weather and best wishes that things work out reasonably for you.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

That sucks, but if they do decide to ban you it should get back dated to August and be over sooner.

Good luck, hope you get some leniency and see you again soon out on the road!

Not sure how they can enact a punishment and ban you without a court case to establish guilt though. Who gave you the ban?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post