Watch your speed!

Anything F-Type related......
basher

Post by basher »

GusA wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:40 pm That sucks, but if they do decide to ban you it should get back dated to August and be over sooner.

Good luck, hope you get some leniency and see you again soon out on the road!

Not sure how they can enact a punishment and ban you without a court case to establish guilt though. Who gave you the ban?
I pleaded guilty online, and opted not to defend myself in court. I submitted mitigation online.

Magistrate's letter a few months back indicated they would sit on August 27 and I was not to drive from that date.

@Lunar - thanks.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Hopefully you'll hear soon and can put the whole episode behind you. As Angus mentioned the delay from August 27th might be taken into account. If you're in need a battery charger let me know and we'll drop one off. Should be OK for a month or more anyway, so I doubt it's going to be an issue.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
basher

Post by basher »

mickjaguar wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:12 pm Hopefully you'll hear soon and can put the whole episode behind you. As Angus mentioned the delay from August 27th might be taken into account. If you're in need a battery charger let me know and we'll drop one off. Should be OK for a month or more anyway, so I doubt it's going to be an issue.
Thanks Neill. Much appreciated.

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Really feel for you Kevin, having your F-Type sitting in the garage and not being able to drive her must be just awful.
Your predicament has made me far more cautious, or maybe it's an age thing?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

Just to say that (as mentioned in a previous reply) I was caught at 98 on the A64 in August 2019. I didnt get my points & fine until July 2020.

The points were applied at the date of the incident, not the date of the conviction. So by the time I got the conviction almost a year of it had been spent.

Hopefully you will get the same treatment
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

I'm slightly confused by this banning process.

I've been banned twice for speeding in my years. Both times I had to appear in person because of the possibility of a ban. I wasn't allowed to plead guilty by post. The ban became effective immediately the magistrate sentenced me (including that day as day 1). Obviously no driving home afterwards.

How do you know if they sat on the 27th or not? If they didn't, you haven't been banned? You may not even be banned if they did sit on the 27th. Guilt and sentence are two different things. This is all far too vague for my liking.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Derivative wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:53 pm I'm slightly confused by this banning process.

I've been banned twice for speeding in my years. Both times I had to appear in person because of the possibility of a ban. I wasn't allowed to plead guilty by post. The ban became effective immediately the magistrate sentenced me (including that day as day 1). Obviously no driving home afterwards.

How do you know if they sat on the 27th or not? If they didn't, you haven't been banned? You may not even be banned if they did sit on the 27th. Guilt and sentence are two different things. This is all far too vague for my liking.
Agree the process being applied here is very confusing.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

With these car's you don't feel the speed. I once (not intentionally) got up to 108 MPH and it felt like I was doing 60.
I put the brakes as soon as I saw the gauge at 108 !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

basher

Post by basher »

Further update...

I've just spoken to a clerk at magistrate's court. They sat on 27 Aug but my written confirmation has not been sent yet.

The decision is subject to change, but as it currently stands:

£750 fine + costs.
6 points.
No ban.

Phew. 😁

However, I'm not allowed to drive until I get confirmation, based on content of previous magistrate's letter.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That’s really good news - happy for you Basher 👍🏻
Sense seems to have prevailed.
Enjoy the drive again when you get the confirmation 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post