Watch your speed!

Anything F-Type related......
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Sorry to hear about this Kev, but at the same time there's not much point in worrying about it right now because its out of your hands so may as well keep enjoying the car until you know next steps.

Being caught at over 100mph these days is no longer an instant ban, circumstances are taken into account and 'punishment' is in most cases dished out accordingly. Empty roads, no one around, no danger to anyone but yourself, showing you are sorry, taking responsibility for actions etc
Work is also considered - if you use the car to get to work and without it you wouldn't be able to provide for family etc.

Try and push it to the back of your head and worry about it when you get the next letter. Got my fingers crossed for you

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

basher wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:52 am
RPSN wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:43 am
basher wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:50 am I do wonder about driving such a gas guzzler as a daily when we get back to "normal". I don't have money for 2 cars, hence why I'm considering selling.

Sell your other car instead of the F-Type ;)
I don't have another car. 😉

I misunderstood.........thought you had two cars and was finding it difficult to run them both.

As mickjaguar suggests in his offer of a slow drive in the new forest........”Alternatively you could be very eco friendly and get a horse.” ;)

Hope the outcome of your recent event isn’t as bad as you think it’s going to be.
Last edited by RPSN on Mon May 18, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
basher

Post by basher »

mickjaguar wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:59 am What's done is done. In some respects the next steps are transactional, you pay the prescribed penalty and any loading on your insurance.

You'll be paranoid about watching your speedo for a while, which will subside (irrespective of whatever car you drive). So I'd wait until it's all over with and see how you're thinking then.

I'll go for a nice slow drive in the new forest with you at some future point. Max 40mph and lots of animals in the road so there's going to be no trouble. Alternatively you could be very eco friendly and get a horse. Do they have places to tie them up at Sainsbury's? 😆
Drive in the forest. With a pub lunch. Ok then. 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
basher

Post by basher »

Thanks all for your encouraging words and sagely insights!

I'm feeling much better today. Just focusing on doing my day job to earn the pennies I'll need! 🤣

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

could have been anyone here, fair play for posting, good luck
basher

Post by basher »

gasgas wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:43 pm could have been anyone here, fair play for posting, good luck
Thanks. Just doing my civic duty! 😉

basher

Post by basher »

Update...

A few weeks ago I pleaded guilty online rather than having to go to court, and I submitted a statement of (rather pathetic) mitigating circumstances. I was assuming that the punishment would be dealt with out of court, and would just be a massive fine and points because it was excessive speed, not dangerous driving, etc.

Today I got a letter from magistrates saying I will be summoned to court for possible disqualification, but no mention of length of time. I have until 28 Aug to reply with reasons why disqualification would affect me, and I must not drive after that date. 😟

It's a bad end to a bad couple of weeks. I've only driven once since being stopped, and that was just to Sainsbury's.

I honestly don't know if I can be arsed to fight it. I'd have to commute to work by train and bus which my OCD wouldn't cope with, and a court surely wouldn't accept that.

This whole episode has totally taken the gloss off owning such a nice car. 😢

scm

Post by scm »

You could argue that travelling by public transport would put you at risk of coronavirus infection, which may also adversely affect other vulnerable people. If you don't try ....
It's a bummer, though, really feel for you, mate. :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

I was caught at 98 on the a64 just outside Scarborough last August in my XF.

Got the notice of prosecution within the week, sent it back admitting I was the driver

Nothing back until January this year saying I could plead by post and would not need to go to court. I pled guilty by post

Nothing back until April when they said I would have to go to court but the day was being postponed due to COVID

In May I got another letter with a final verdict of 6 points and a £600 fine. No court appearence.

My insurance renewal for my ftype came through last week- bearing in mind I had not told them of my points (I checked and I didn't need to inform them until renewal) and it had gone up from £830 to £2,016.

I phoned them (admiral) to say I would not be renewing, at which point the did the usual - "let's see what we can do" routine. Told them of my new points and the quote went up to £2,579. Told them to stick it.

Shopped around and eventually have gone with AXA who quoted me £649. Makes no sense to me how they calculate insurance with points.......
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
scm

Post by scm »

devbrodie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:47 pmMakes no sense to me how they calculate insurance with points.......
Makes no sense to me how they calculate premiums anyway - I once tried to insure an XKR whose wheels had been upgraded to 20" from the 19"s it came out of the factory with it - long before I bought the car - and the insurers wanted an extra £1000 because of the wheel change (they were factory options, too!). Went to another insurer who said "so what, makes no difference?". Go figure. :?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post