Poor DAB reception

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

darstellar wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:21 pm
Tel wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:57 pm
darstellar wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:48 pm

Quick question, just looked at the battery in the boot, how do you take the negative off? Its well set back and tucked in under the trim. Can access positive terminal but not negative
Well spotted - Just checking you're awake :-)

My error, I meant Positive, negatively speaking;-)
Post edited!
Haha are you sure to disconnect positive? All the links say to disconnect negative for a while to reset. Also I'm guessing I should not close the boot once it's off? May have to wait as its currently raining

The link was to show another way of isolating power intermittently to resolve plugging OBD readers and the system 'hanging', as opposed to directly answer your question.

From a technical standpoint though, there is no difference if you remove -ve or +ve.

From a practicality POV, it's as you say, easier to lift the +ve...that's what I do.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©

darstellar

Post by darstellar »

Only just saw your reply Tel! In the end I just disconnected the earth terminal briefly as that was super easy, couldn't get the negative terminal off.

Reset the windows eventually, took a few goes! Interesting to see which settings stayed stored and which I had to set up again.

Will see what the DAB reception is like tomorrow on the drive to work as that's the true test. Around the block it seemed okay!
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Good tips here, from 'The Rock' πŸ‘
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Tel

Post by Tel »

RPSN wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:05 pm

Good tips here, from 'The Rock' πŸ‘
I think in Ayemerican it's pronounced 'Da rock' ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

The reason to disconnect the Negative, is because if you leave the negative attached, the whole Chassis is still connected back to the battery, and if you touch the positive or the spanner with the chassis while removing it you'll know all about it!, whereas removing the negative it doesn't matter if you touch the chassis while removing it as it's connected anyway.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Tel wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:40 pm I think in Ayemerican it's pronounced 'Da rock' ;-)

You're probably right there ;)

With regards to disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to reboot the brains of the car, is there a certain length of time that the battery should be kept disconnected or doesn't it make any difference? The member I quoted earlier in this thread mentioned that he left it for approx 1 hour before reconnecting and that sorted out the DAB issue.

In the same context, if you were to disconnect the battery for some other reason but didn't want to reboot, does the car memorise the settings etc for a certain length of time before losing them? If so, approximately how long is this for?
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

RPSN wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:24 am
Tel wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:40 pm I think in Ayemerican it's pronounced 'Da rock' ;-)

You're probably right there ;)

With regards to disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to reboot the brains of the car, is there a certain length of time that the battery should be kept disconnected or doesn't it make any difference? The member I quoted earlier in this thread mentioned that he left it for approx 1 hour before reconnecting and that sorted out the DAB issue.

In the same context, if you were to disconnect the battery for some other reason but didn't want to reboot, does the car memorise the settings etc for a certain length of time before losing them? If so, approximately how long is this for?
I had my battery disconnected for about 1.5 hours and the only setting I had to do afterwards was the window one-touch reset. All other settings had been retained.
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:56 am I had my battery disconnected for about 1.5 hours and the only setting I had to do afterwards was the window one-touch reset. All other settings had been retained.
What about the trip values? I had a low battery (down to 10V) after 2 weeks of idleness and it lost those, although the windows were still fine. I think there was a "stuck" module with a slight drain, as the hazard switch light was on faintly. Recharged and all well again so far!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

scm wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:49 am
GusA wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:56 am I had my battery disconnected for about 1.5 hours and the only setting I had to do afterwards was the window one-touch reset. All other settings had been retained.
What about the trip values? I had a low battery (down to 10V) after 2 weeks of idleness and it lost those, although the windows were still fine. I think there was a "stuck" module with a slight drain, as the hazard switch light was on faintly. Recharged and all well again so far!
I hadn’t noticed any other losses but I’ve just gone and checked the car and Trip A must have reset to zero.
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

scm wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:49 am
I literally disconnected it for about a minute and that was enough to reboot. I can confirm the trip counter reset fully, as did the date and time, plus the windows, but nothing else I could see.
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.