Android auto

Anything F-Type related......
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Hi all.

I have seen this android auto interface on a different forum.
Anyone here knows or had it installed that can share some info on functionality and reliability.

Cheers.

https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/wireles ... 2013-2015/
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Each to their own, but for me I’d have more enjoyment from £515 of Tesco Momentum :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
PDE

Post by PDE »

Lunar wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:22 pm Each to their own, but for me I’d have more enjoyment from £515 of Tesco Momentum :D
Lunar I like your thinking. Go Esso super unleaded petrol (Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded 97) is ethanol free (except in Devon, Cornwall, the Teesside area and Scotland). More Bang :o
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ah, good to know.

So that offsets the drop from 99 to 97 Ron then?

Wonder if the vMax I put in the ‘65 Mustang is ethanol free? If not I might swap - not good additive for classic engines with rubber carb components and tubing.

And apologies for going off topic briefly.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
PDE

Post by PDE »

Lunar wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:58 am Ah, good to know.

So that offsets the drop from 99 to 97 Ron then?

Wonder if the vMax I put in the ‘65 Mustang is ethanol free? If not I might swap - not good additive for classic engines with rubber carb components and tubing.

And apologies for going off topic briefly.
I think Esso is the only one without ethanol, Have a watch of
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Alasdair has just put this system into his SVR - he showed me around it on Saturday and it looked great!
All features were enabled, interface was fast and had great graphics

If the infotainment system is something that you want to upgrade then I'd definitely go for this
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Hi,
Thank you for the very interesting reply.

regards
N.
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

I’ve just fitted the UAD unit into my 17MY coupé, in my case CarPlay but the unit serves both.
My head unit is Harman, thank goodness!
If you have a Harman head unit then it’s a 15 minute job. If Bosch then doable but involved.... see the UAD video....

luck!

See this video made by someone with Harman and Android...

It has made my 3 year old car seem modern again, the infotainment was the only thing I didn’t like and now I shall be happy to keep the car for a very long time.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
Myer

Post by Myer »

I read your post with great interest. My car is a 2014 but 2015 M/Y. I much prefer the installation that you have carried out whereby the unit is located in the panel between the seats. I removed the panel between my seats where the Navigation module is & CD unit is located. Can I do the install from here, or do I have to install behind the front display? You mentioned that your vehicle has the HK system, mine does not, I have the high end Meridian, a little earlier I believe.

I went on to the company's website and they only show the front screen install. They also say that once installed the Jaguar Navigation is no longer accessible, you indicated that was not so in your case, or did I get that wrong?

A shame about the issues you are having with the wireless connectivity, have you tried using a friends iPhone, to check if that holds the wireless connection?
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Hi Myer,
The HK system has the screen as just a screen so the UAD unit is connected to the HK head unit under the armrest....really easy job!
The other system is the Bosch one which you must have. In this case the screen unit has stuff in it and the UAD unit has to be connected to this.
It’s the same unit but the supplied wiring harness is different. I think the UAD video makes the job look more complicated than it needs to be since they are running the USB cable back to the armrest, it can go wherever you want it to be. Removing the screen is a pain but it seems straightforward.
The original jaguar screen and controls are retained you just long press the home button to switch between CarPlay and the Jag OEM display. The original jag nav is still there.
You have to select AUX as the sound source for CarPlay. It’s just a question of having aux selected, the cabling is part of the supplied wiring.
You can still use the USB input under the armrest if you wish but then you obviously have to select USB for sound.
It’s a real quality product and I’m chuffed to bits with it.
I could probably get the wireless bit to work again but I will always have the phone on charge so the USB connection suits me just fine.
I have a Scosche magnetic mount for the phone just above the screen and I can and like to, display separate things from what is on the car screen, so I don’t have a need for wireless CarPlay.

One other thing is the before/next track on the steering wheel does not function. Easy enough to do it on the screen and a small price to pay.

Also the reverse camera does not show unless you press home again to get back to the jag OEM screen.
However there is a way to get it to work which UAD can advise...needs a wire connecting somewhere. It doesn’t take long to hit home and display the camera if you really want it though.

It may be that if you have the Bosch system that you can’t display the jag nav.....no idea.
You can with the HK system but with Apple maps, Waze, Google maps, Magic Earth etc I cant imagine ever using the Jag OEM screen for nav.
Last edited by Malbec on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post