2018 Seats in a 2014 F-Type???

Anything F-Type related......
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

Hi, I went to test drive an F-Type today. I am 200cm tall and didn’t fit too well in the 2014 performance seats but felt more space and comfortable in the 2017 seats. Anyone know If it’s possible to fit 2017 seats into a 2014 car?? V6S if that makes a difference. THANKS!!

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Having swapped seats in an XF I got to understand how Jaguar change looms, control modules, connector blocks and even power source for seats.
I achieved my aim but had to in effect retro fit electrical and electronic parts of the original seats into the new (heater pads, etc.) by a complete strip down.

From this I would say physical figment won’t be a problem, but electronics and control will be very challenging. The sort of project to undertake if you own a car and happen to pick up a pair of different seats on the cheap and have time to research, test and play. Not the basis to buy a car.
Happy to be proved wrong if someone has done it
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

Thanks! I agree! I can't be buying the car on a maybe. I hope someone will be like "Yes changed and perfect" have to wait and see.

Last edited by PhilB on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: restoring video
basher

Post by basher »

Maybe hold out for a 2017 model with the slimmer seats (and better infotainment)?

It took me more than 12 months from the 1st test drive to purchase. In that time, I saved like crazy and was able to up the budget enough to stretch to a 17 plate.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post