AUC prices.....any room for manoeuvre?

Anything F-Type related......
gladiac

Post by gladiac »

No movement on price, but I did get an extra year's warranty which I imagine is cheaper for them to add than an owner to extend. I think they used to offer 2 years as standard (until Sept last year?) but it's just 1 year now.

Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Just bought a pre reg 69 plate MY20 2.0 Chequered Flag with 25 miles on the clock, built in December 18, 25% off list and a good trade in price on my MY16 V6. Felt no urge to,press further. Seen a similar R-dynamic at 30% off list. No deals on offer on used, but new gets a Jaguar finance contribution. With bank finance at 2.9% dealer finance at 10% deeply unattractive. Lots of well specced cars out there, dealer (Surrey) claimed F-types flying off the lot. Dealership hectic when I was there.... Looks like pent up demand coming through and an expectation we’ll be allowed to use them properly this summer. Let’s hope traffic takes a while to build back to pre Covid levels.
badger

Post by badger »

[quote Let’s hope traffic takes a while to build back to pre Covid levels.
[/quote]

I think its too late for that, my experience down here is traffic is around what it was pre covid.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Poodlehat

Post by Poodlehat »

Thanks for the replys.
The ones I have been watching seem to be selling on the Jaguar Web site. I recon there is some demand built up over the last few months and when that has run its coarse, they might up up for an offer.
F-Type R, MY14, Stratus Grey
Previous
Z4M
S2000
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

It’s interesting to see everyone’s views.

Some of the cars (AUC and non) I looked at and test drove last September are still for sale, with small but not substantial reductions in price.

The AUC car I bought in January (and returned) when advertised at £34.5k was put back up for sale in April at £35k. 2 months later it’s still available.

At the weekend I test drove a 3 month old demonstrator at £67k (list price £85k+), which seemed like a very good price, but I didn’t like it enough to see if there was any more wriggle room.

I’m not convinced that the demand for £30-80k non-practical sports cars is huge at the moment. The really good cars will still sell, but the others need a bit of a reality check.
Poodlehat

Post by Poodlehat »

jono_h wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:05 am
The AUC car I bought in January (and returned) when advertised at £34.5k was put back up for sale in April at £35k. 2 months later it’s still available.
I've got to ask......why did you return it?
F-Type R, MY14, Stratus Grey
Previous
Z4M
S2000
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

Poodlehat wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:24 pm
jono_h wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:05 am
I've got to ask......why did you return it?

It had a seemingly tiny fault - the passenger window didn’t drop when you opened the door. The Dealer had it back for 5 weeks, but even with Jaguar Tech’s help couldn’t find the problem, so I gave up and got a refund.

It had put me off Jags, and I really haven’t had a premium service from any Dealer I’ve visited, but the F-Type itch is back, hence the reason I’m keeping an eye out.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Looking back at my saved searches, all the cars I had shortlisted have since sold.

Cant find anything like my spec out there, but generally i'd say the prices are £1000-£2000 off of where they were before the Crisis.

Private ones are notably cheaper though than AUC
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

Philskill wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:52 pm Private ones are notably cheaper though than AUC
That's because dealers are incurable optimists! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!