Searching for a V8 Convertible - which options

Anything F-Type related......
Siy

Post by Siy »

Hi all - after a while of lurking, have now sold my old toy, and looking for a V8 F-Type.
I wanted sports seats, sports exhaust, flat bottom steering wheel and ideally coloured stitching. heated seats would be welcome... anything obvious missing on my wish list? Looking for an early'ish car, £30-35k so I know I wont get everything that I am looking for - just dont want to miss anything obvious!
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Heated steering wheel is great in the cooler months!

Good luck with your search
scm

Post by scm »

Cooled seats are nice on hot days. And heated windscreen is useful if you have early winter starts and no garage. ;)
Good luck with your search!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
badger

Post by badger »

scm wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:44 pm Cooled seats are nice on hot days. And heated windscreen is useful if you have early winter starts and no garage. ;)
i wish i had cooled seats, had them on a mondeo x sport a few years ago and they were ace. i tend to use the jag mostly in warmer months so heated seats are not likely to get much use.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

scm wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:44 pm Cooled seats are nice on hot days. And heated windscreen is useful if you have early winter starts and no garage. ;)
Plus one for the cooled seats👍

And good luck.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
Siy

Post by Siy »

Thanks guys - had cooled seats before, and nice on those hot days... never thought about heated windscreen - good call...
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
scm

Post by scm »

Siy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:25 pm ... never thought about heated windscreen - good call...
Another advantage of the heated windscreen if you're OCD (and who isn't if you drive an F-Type!) is that all the switches are the same width - otherwise the rear screen heater switch is double width! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Hi Simon
Mine is still for sale sent you an email. Cheers
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

One of my must haves was folding door mirrors to make it easier to get through my single garage door. Couldn't believe they were a paid for option on a car of this value. My other must haves were 20" alloys, Meridian stereo, Performance seats with heating and Switchable sports exhaust. Ended up getting one with all these and much more.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
gladiac

Post by gladiac »

Obviously a colour combination/wheels that you like will be on the list, I merely didn't want a black one but it's pretty subjective - that said the blue grey (Satellite I think?) with silver wheels, black exterior pack and cream seats does not work!

They all have the sports exhaust, if the switchable button isn't fitted then putting the car in dynamic mode opens the exhaust up anyway amongst other things. I wanted configurable dynamics where you can adjust the different components individually - my previous car had all that switchable too and it was great for switching between daily use and a bit of a blast.

Worth trying the seats for comfort/support etc., the standard 'Sports' seats didn't have enough (any?!) side support so the Performance seats it was. Contrast stitching is pretty rare as that was part of the expensive premium leather option.

Parking camera and front sensors are quite common, other convenience features are preference - I wanted heated windscreen and auto lights/wipers. Flat bottomed steering wheel is quite common too though heating is rare. I don't think I've ever seen one without heated seats or wind deflector, not sure cooled seats were an option until fairly recently.

I wasn't fussed about the sound system, it's a convertible so the acoustics aren't going to be great anyway and there's a better soundtrack available at the press of a pedal 8-).

I think the options changed a wee bit from 2013 into 2014 where some were bundled together into packs instead of being available separately. If you can get the VIN there's a thread for how to get the build-time list of options, though mine has quite a few that weren't on there.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post