Sat Nav - speed cameras?

Anything F-Type related......
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

On mine the speed cameras are already loaded; it seems the maps load from the internet (once you manage to login)
I’m not sure at what point the system changed, but it’s very useful, initially the system screamed when a camera was near and it took a while to find out how to turn the volume down, you literally turn the volume down when it is playing the alert!
Sorry if this isn’t helpful for all cars, but there might be software update options.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK

badger

Post by badger »

Jules_74 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 pm Hi, does anyone know if you can update the Sat Nav please. My car is a 2015 plate but even the maps on a 2019 plate would be out of date as the whole infrastructure around me has changed this year. So just wondered how I might go about getting it updated and if anyone has any experience of doing this please?
i had my maps updated by the dealer as my 2015 (2016 my) were out of date, done as a condition of purchase, but the update did not install speed camera's more the pity.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

My Sat Nav doesn’t have speed cameras so I installed the Speed Cheetah system 2 years ago tells me where speed cameras, red light cameras, known speed trap areas...sorted
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Jules_74

Post by Jules_74 »

So I'd need to go to a Jaquar dealer to get my maps updates?
Jaguar F-Type V6 S 3.0 Petrol Automatic, Italian Racing Red, Exterior Black Pack, 20" Carbon Blade Alloys, Panoramic Roof, Full Leather, Switchable Sports Exhaust, DAB, Touch Screen Media System.
Jules_74

Post by Jules_74 »

Had a quick look at speed cheetah on my phone but I probably need to look on the laptop. Is it installed in addition to the normal media/navigation system or does it replace it?
Jaguar F-Type V6 S 3.0 Petrol Automatic, Italian Racing Red, Exterior Black Pack, 20" Carbon Blade Alloys, Panoramic Roof, Full Leather, Switchable Sports Exhaust, DAB, Touch Screen Media System.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

I have the C550 with free lifetime updates, It is a separate unit can be installed discretely and will give audible and visual alerts, you can fit yourself easily. I only switch mine on in areas I’m not familiar with and it spots every camera even tells you which gantry they’re on and when you look up there it is, I’m sure it’s saved my licence many times especially in Scotland they’re everywhere. Also it warns of known speed trap areas especially bridges.
These are not legal in some countries.
Found a link below although I wouldn’t put it in the centre of the dash
Jules_74

Post by Jules_74 »

Thanks I will look into this in addition to upgrading my maps as when we're back to normal i'll be back to spending a lot of time on the M6 - and no, got to be a better place to put it than centre of the dash!
Jules_74

Post by Jules_74 »

I looked on the site and emailed them and got this response
Cheetah New <sales@cheetahgps.co.uk>
15:57 (6 minutes ago)
to me

Hello,

i’m afraid that the c550 has now been discontinued, which is a shame as it was such a good seller for us.

sorry

tom
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Yes I just looked and Amazon are also sold out as well,

But there are other makes out there Road Angels etc, I read and watched the reviews on YouTube before deciding to take the plunge, I still think they’re a good idea to help protect yourself as cameras are steadily increasing,
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

You should be able to update the 2015 SatNav Maps.

Think you can start here
https://jaguar.navigation.com/home/en_GB/JaguarEMEA/GBP
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post