Glass/Plastic Wind Deflector

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

dbv6s wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:44 am Few videos online show that a solid deflector actually causes more turbulence than the OEM one - it’s mesh for a reason as it allows the air to pass through it rather than hit it
Yes indeed - that's why it's also recommended to wash it in soapy water from time to time when the pollen and grit in the air clog it up.

Having said that I think having one spoils the lines of such a beautiful looking car so took mine off within the first week and it's been in the garage ever since.

If anyone out there with their deflector in place has the original roll bar covers where the clips fix to I'd be interested in buying them!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Siy

Post by Siy »

not too bothered if it does become a little blowier... its a convertible and I like that anyway... I just dont think it looks right without anything in there... The mesh is just too dark to see through well.... will let you know once it arrives
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Siy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:34 pm not too bothered if it does become a little blowier... its a convertible and I like that anyway... I just dont think it looks right without anything in there... The mesh is just too dark to see through well.... will let you know once it arrives
Agreed! :D
Siy

Post by Siy »

Ok my views having fitted the perspex wind deflector... It is probably a little more 'blowy' than the mesh one, but not by much, so it does the job. It does rattle a little at motorway speeds. seems to move up and down, rather than side to side.
However I much prefer the look of it, and certainly it improves rear visibility. Would recommend
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

interest to understand why rear visibility is important, i don't look back!
scm

Post by scm »

gasgas wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:12 am interest to understand why rear visibility is important, i don't look back!
It's worth an occasional look back for those blue lights ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tel

Post by Tel »

... And if anyone is selling a mesh one I may be intetested if its sensibly priced.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Siy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:13 am Ok my views having fitted the perspex wind deflector... It is probably a little more 'blowy' than the mesh one, but not by much, so it does the job. It does rattle a little at motorway speeds. seems to move up and down, rather than side to side.
However I much prefer the look of it, and certainly it improves rear visibility. Would recommend
Owner bobharrington has a glass one and they put some clear silicon around it so it doesn’t rattle, maybe you could try this?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post