Keep losing dynamic and sports modes!

Anything F-Type related......
harri1215

Post by harri1215 »

Hi there

Can anyone please give me some advice on a problem I keep having with the adaptive dynamics. After about 30 to 40 mins (in Sport) I will suddenly get a warning saying special features not available i.e. I can no longer use dynamic or the sports modes!

The car still runs perfectly well and it resets itself about an hour or less later

My car is the 5 litre S 2014

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Max

scm

Post by scm »

First thing I'd suspect would be low battery voltage but if you've been driving for half an hour that'd rule that out. Maybe a dodgy electrical connection somewhere. I've just got mine back from having an intermittent fuel pump issue which turned out to have been caused by the fuel pump's electrical connector not having been securely clipped into place (at the factory?).

Might be worth seeing if the car's stored any codes to give an indication of what might be going on. Good luck with the diagnostics!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
harri1215

Post by harri1215 »

Thanks very much for your response, it's much appreciated

M
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I used to get that with my XE - which coincidentally also had issues with stop/start not working.
It wasn't that I wanted it to work - more that it damn well should do.
I don't recall what fixed it - it may have been the battery voltage monitoring software - I don't think they changed the battery itself.

I also used to get the parking brake re-calibration warning, which also used to take a couple of goes to sort - it was a bit like re-setting the windows - but haven't seen anyone mention that issue on this forum.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tel

Post by Tel »

harri1215 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:02 pm Hi there

Can anyone please give me some advice on a problem I keep having with the adaptive dynamics. After about 30 to 40 mins (in Sport) I will suddenly get a warning saying special features not available i.e. I can no longer use dynamic or the sports modes!

The car still runs perfectly well and it resets itself about an hour or less later

My car is the 5 litre S 2014

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Max

First thing to do when anything weird starts to happen on new Jags - simply lift the +ve battery terminal off for a few seconds.

This 'reboots' the car to its initial state. You may have to setup your driver centre display and window one touch up.

Do that, let us know if there's any change and we can advise thereafter.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
harri1215

Post by harri1215 »

I'll give that a go and get back to you. Am I right in thinking that the F type has two batteries? If so, I presume that I should disconnect both of them?

Many thanks for your advice

M
scm

Post by scm »

Early models had two, a second smaller one to keep "essential services" running during the stop phase of the stop/start.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post