Michelin Tyres

Anything F-Type related......
Siy

Post by Siy »

Hi Guys - seems everyone here raves about the Michelin Super sport tyres...

Although plenty tread left, my tyres are mismatched - with P-Zero's onthe front and Flakens on the rears... Was hoping to just buy two rear P-Zero's so I have a matching set... but am guessing the advice would be ditch all four and go for some Michelins...

Are these the correct tyre? I cant see Super sport, only Pilot Sport 4S - whats the difference???
https://www.costco.co.uk/Tyres-Automoti ... e/p/300179

Also - car currently has spacers and has been lowered - I see some people have gone for 305's on the rear instead of 295 - Is this advisable? i would have intended just replacing with the 295s... I really dont know much about tyres/sizes and stance, so grateful for any input on this as well?
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Siy,

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's are the ones, Costco have a michelin promotion deal every 8 weeks or so where buying 2-4 tyres gets you £25 off per corner so worth holding out if you go for a full set

unless you have a good relationship with the costco fitters they wouldnt put a 305 tyre on, they are very by the book, pretty strict policies
scm

Post by scm »

The link you show is for Mercedes fitment, if that makes a difference. I don't think Michelin makes a Jaguar specific version.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Also look at F1 Autocentre if there is one near you, they had an offer the other day, I’ve got 2 rear 295 MPS4s being fitted next week, for £430. They also use a proper torque wrench and don’t ruin the wheel nuts!

I’d be wary of going for the Merc spec, for some reason the economy and at weather ratings for them is lower (E and B) than the non model specific tyre ( C and A) - no idea why and they’re more expensive!
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Couple of comments

For sure identical on all corners is best as is similar tread depth, but no real problem so long as you have matched sets on each ‘axle’. Swap the second pair as they wear if you feel reluctant to scrap tyres with a lot of tread.

Costco are OK and generally take care, however I found to my cost that my village tyre fitter sells and fits for less. He also does free Hunter alignment so don’t be fooled by Costco offers. Shop around a little too.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

'
That's a very good local you have there - the free Hunter alignment is worth a drive for anyone within a decent radius.

...and of course it's an excuse to have a longer drive too - win / win :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tel

Post by Tel »

Pointless mixing P0's with Mich's unless you want under/over steer depending on where you out the Mich's as they grip a hell of a lot better than the P0's!

FWIW:
I'm running 10mm wider fronts and 10mm wider rears Michs.
Also running 17mm spacers all round.
No drop and no issues, 305's fall on to the 20'' Blades.

We have no idea what car you have, can you add that in your signature so we don't have to ask?
And, we need to know the width of your spacers and the amount of drop you have on your suspension before we can help you...
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Siy

Post by Siy »

Tel wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:33 pm Pointless mixing P0's with Mich's unless you want under/over steer depending on where you out the Mich's as they grip a hell of a lot better than the P0's!

FWIW:
I'm running 10mm wider fronts and 10mm wider rears Michs.
Also running 17mm spacers all round.
No drop and no issues, 305's fall on to the 20'' Blades.

We have no idea what car you have, can you add that in your signature so we don't have to ask?
And, we need to know the width of your spacers and the amount of drop you have on your suspension before we can help you...
Thanks all for the input, and good point, letting you know the car details may help! I have updated my signature...thanks

The car is a V8S Convertible. H&R Performance Springs, but am not sure how much it has been dropped. It also has 15mm Spacers all round.

I am beginning to think, lets get it on track and use the current tyres, then replace all round with Michelin PS 4S may be the best idea?
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
Tel

Post by Tel »

Spot on ~ thank you, it helps enormously.

Run a tape measure from the top of the rear tyres to the wheel arch both sides and avarage, that gives an idea of drop. I'm guessing around 20mm less than standard.

IMO you'de be fine with 10mm extra rubber all round, maybe have the odd scrape if you hit a dip at speed, but nothing major.

You'lle find the P0's greasy as hell when hot. Remember, to drop the pressures as recommended in the JLR Tracking your f type guidelines. Google search that doc.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I shopped around and couldn't find anyone close to Costco prices for the Pilot sport 4S's;
x2 Rears (295/30/20) - £404
x2 Fronts (255/35/20) - £272
Full set for £676

(fitted, balanced, VAT included etc etc)
Also a bonus is you can fill up at their new petrol stations too where they have premium unleaded for 99p per litre!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post