How do you attach front number plate?

Anything F-Type related......
Siy

Post by Siy »

Currently my FType has a plinth that is attached to the front cross beam, to which the number plate is attached. I am changing the plate for a slightly shorter one (still legal spacing etc), and wondered if this can just be stuck directly onto the cross beam - or is there any shorter plinths out there, that it can attach to?
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)

scz4

Post by scz4 »

Just remove the plinth and screw the plate straight on, that's what I did and looks great.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Many Japanese import cars have square front plates, the plate holder is narrow - the width of a square plate, and only half height of the square plate, fine for a single row plate. Maybe find one in a breakers, see if it suits your plate size.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Tel

Post by Tel »

Cut the plynth down to just slightly bigger than the plate.
I've had my plates stuck on with 3m tape for over 5 years now... Just starting to lift in places, but much cleaner looking than old fashioned screw heads.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more đź’©
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

agree with TEL - double sided tape and no screw holes is much cleaner
Siy

Post by Siy »

Always tape - never screws...!

Will give it a go then, just attching the new plate directly to the beam, wthout any plinth.. pics will follow once my new plate is assigned....
Thanks
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
Tel

Post by Tel »

Siy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:52 pm Always tape - never screws...!

Will give it a go then, just attching the new plate directly to the beam, wthout any plinth.. pics will follow once my new plate is assigned....
Thanks
You'lle be lucky if it will stay on the beam for long unless you preform your plate with heat.
The beam has quite a curve on it.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more đź’©
Siy

Post by Siy »

Tel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:59 pm
Siy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:52 pm Always tape - never screws...!

Thanks
You'lle be lucky if it will stay on the beam for long unless you preform your plate with heat.
The beam has quite a curve on it.
ah... bugger!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Someone on here (can’t remember who sorry), took the plate mount off the beam, cut out a small section in the middle then plastic welded the two ends back together so his short plate fit correctly then put it back on the beam - looks perfect. Think he had to get a smart repair done to fill the holes left by the screws but not certain.
Last edited by Deleted User 1715 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

GusA wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm Someone on here (can’t remember who sorry), took the plate mount off the beam, cut out a small section in the middle then plastic welded the two ends back together so his short plate fit correctly then put it back on the beam - looks perfect. Think he had to get a smart repair done to fill the holes left by the crews but not certain.

C10Jeeps is your man. He did it & it looks OEM đź‘Ś
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post