Screen timeout help ASAP

Anything F-Type related......
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

Is there a way to disable the screen timeout when the engine is off? I'm at a drive in cinema listening through FM and the screen turns off after 5 or 10 mins.
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.

Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

Not that I know of. Map updates (via USB) can take a while and have to be done with the engine running to prevent screen shutdown. So they're done on a reasonably long journey.
All I can suggest is a radio app on your phone.
Good luck!
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

Do you know how long the battery lasts? I'm not gonna end up with a flat battery after having the radio on for 2 hours am I?
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.
scm

Post by scm »

darstellar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 pm Do you know how long the battery lasts? I'm not gonna end up with a flat battery after having the radio on for 2 hours am I?
You might - which audio system do you have? Those watts don't come cheap! And it's not just the battery capacity - you need enough amps to turn the engine over.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Dare I ask how the movie was? (And the battery after 2 hours).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

simpleR wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:42 am Dare I ask how the movie was? (And the battery after 2 hours).
After an hour and half I had to turn the engine on for 5mins because the screen wouldnt turn on at all but there was no issues, started instantly, and then again was fine after the film finished. I've got the base 380w system but even so the movie sounded fantastic. Saw Joker, very enjoyable experience, just wish I could have reclined the seats further!
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Isn't it annoying when you're engrossed in a good film and someone rustles a sweet wrapper or starts an F-Type :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

Lunar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:21 pm .
Isn't it annoying when you're engrossed in a good film and someone rustles a sweet wrapper or starts an F-Type :D
Haha I did pick a loud moment in the film in the hope no one noticed....

Also good job it wasnt a full cold start! That definitely would have shocked a few people with their windows open.
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post