Post by santoshlv426 »

Just thought I'd share this article for interest

https://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/ja ... 20200708-2

Must be similar in the news in the UK
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Tel

Post by Tel »

Of course...we all know, even if we deny the point, that this will be the way of the world in the not too distant future.

COVID has, and will accelerate the need to invest in electricity infrastructure and the capacity to handle EV's will increase very rapidly IMO.

It makes me chuckle though; to think after all these years of manufacturing cars, JLR can't even get their halo models to navigate to where their supposed to go, or indeed their batteries to hold their charge. They will really have to up their game to be in the running...
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Oh I don't know - I just have to press the "Take me home" button on my sat-nav and I end up at my dealer :roll:
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

My sat nav has AI
It knows I like variety in my routes, so takes me off the motorway at random junction’s and back down the slip road to rejoin.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

The shortest route home is for people who don't like driving ..., ;)
That reminds me, after I got my car back from some warranty work all my satnav favourites have disappeared, must reload them
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Absolutely not interested in any shape or form .. may be a slight interest when I get 350 plus miles and can charge in 15 mins at least and the chargers are available .. oh hang on Hydrogen tech that already exists
or the new carbon cell battery tech looks promising .. but until then as long as there is fossil petrol available not interested ... just to note my local mini dealer phoned us up the the other day trying to push the new electric mini (yea ok at £26k plus) ... err no with only a 90 mile range with all the heating off .. don't think so .. polite rant over
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Yep 350+ range is essential. Imagine a hundred or so of us turn up at Gaydon (140 miles each way for me). Otherwise that's a lot of cars wanting to charge and the motor museum will probably glow when viewed from space with the amount of chargers needed
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

kaspa wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:41 pm... my local mini dealer phoned us up the the other day trying to push the new electric mini (yea ok at £26k plus) ... err no with only a 90 mile range with all the heating off .. don't think so .. polite rant over
Did you know the first electric minis were built (by the film crew) for the remake of the Italian Job? They weren't allowed to drive petrol cars in the subway!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Well, I actually submitted Feedback

Here was my comments !

I read your article with interest - being a fan of the F Type since launch. Firstly, it is - to my eyes - one of the top 5 on my list of beautifully crafted machines in metal !

The F Type has always sold itself - and with goo reason - on it's distinctive sound. The cold-start sound made by the V8 is to die for and I'll pay the money for that car just for that sound alone

That will never be replicated by an EV, irrespective of how good the sound system is designed to emulate.

Quite simply, the internal combustion engine is on it's way out, and this will start most probably with the V8, followed by the V12, V6 etc.

This represents the demise of 125 years of human engineering.
Personally I'd like to see the F type remain faithful to it's heritage and "retire" it rather and replace with something totally different if it has to be electric.

I'm sure E Type's all over are turning in their graves as we speak !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

God forbid they make an F-Type equivalent of a Mustang Mach-E!!

Selling on name heritage should be banned - much like Chevrolet in the UK.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post