Climate problem

Anything F-Type related......
Tonykimsmith

Post by Tonykimsmith »

Hi
This is my first post. I hope someone can help. When I start my car 2015 3.0S everything is ok but 30 second or so later the climate temp reading on the control knobs go blank and the front screen and rear screen buttons don’t work. The climate system is totally dead and the vent doesn’t rise. I did have an sos not functioning warning on dash the day before but that has sorted itself out. I tried disconnecting the battery but to no avail. Any ideas folks??

Fez

Post by Fez »

I would suggest you have a battery issue. I would get that check first. I am sure others will be along shortly to give their view.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome, have we not had this issue logged before?

I recall the 30 seconds thing being important. Each vent should have a circuit and servo (for example passenger footwell, centre vents, front windscreen, etc) and the AC monitors the vent position as open or closed.

From elsewhere:
The AC monitors the feedback potentiometer sensing circuits for open circuit, high resistance and short circuit conditions. If a fault is present, a DTC will be flagged. In addition, the AC monitors the time required for each servo to position its flap. If the flap does not reach the required position within 30 seconds, a DTC is flagged.

So could be battery. A bad connection. Or maybe centre vents are jammed shut so AC switches off after 30 seconds. Hopefully a fault code should be logged to point you in the right direction.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Tonykimsmith

Post by Tonykimsmith »

Thank you for your response. I think it going to have a trip to the dealers. I’ve realised the heated seat don’t work eother🤬
Tonykimsmith

Post by Tonykimsmith »

All sorted😃 I remembered messing and checking connections around the battery. I checked the connections in the pre fuse box on the floor of the boot to find I had shorted a 60amp fuse that ran the AC etc on dash. What a numpty 🙄 But good place to check for others having issues as I’ve never seen this mentioned as a fuse box before. Not shown in manual. That for the advice folks. I’ll leave it to the professionals in future👍
scm

Post by scm »

How did you manage to short the 60A fuse? You didn't mention having done anything in the boot when you asked your initial question ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tonykimsmith

Post by Tonykimsmith »

Haha. I’ve been on lockdown so decided to give the car a check over and check all connections etc. I remembered having a look in the little black box as wasn’t sure what I was (pre battery fuse) stupidly I was still hold a spanner when I opened it a touched a terminal. Didn’t think it had caused a problem. Little did I know. As I said I’ll leave it to the professional from now. You live and learn🤪
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, don't hold anything metal while poking around! :lol:
Of course, it's easy to be wise after the event ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Tonykimsmith wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:20 pm Haha. I’ve been on lockdown so decided to give the car a check over and check all connections etc. I remembered having a look in the little black box as wasn’t sure what I was (pre battery fuse) stupidly I was still hold a spanner when I opened it a touched a terminal. Didn’t think it had caused a problem. Little did I know. As I said I’ll leave it to the professional from now. You live and learn🤪
Experience. The thing you get just after you needed it!

Glad you, car and spanner all ok!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Can't resist. Definitely don't do this!

IMG-20200720-WA0003.jpg

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post