JLR and Dealer Service requirement differences

Anything F-Type related......
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi,
Checking my service history, there is no record of the diff oil being changed on the 48months, 64k service. I called the dealer to check and they say no, it wasn't done as it's not required until the 8th service, that's 8 years and 128k miles!
If I put my VIN in the on-line service section of JLR themselves it says diff oil should be changed at 48 months, see below.
Any ideas as to who is right, I suspect JLR and who can I call or email in JLR to advise them and complain my Jag is not being looked after properly?

Jag1.JPG

2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The service schedule you have from OSH is correct.
I'm just having the same discussion as I am on service number 3 and it says transfer box oil and brake fluid for me which doesn't appear to have been done.... yet.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
badger

Post by badger »

i had a similar issue with mine and was being sold as approved used car, the dealer agreed it should have been changed and it was done FOC
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Fez

Post by Fez »

If you are on a service plan, I have a 5yr plan, then it details the transfer box oil in the letter at 3yrs, I will be taking this with me next year.. I will add photo later...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Fez

Post by Fez »

To clarify that's the service letter Jaguar send to your home address.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

This cropped up when I took my car for its first service at an independent Jaguar garage. The engineer was surprised items where missing off full JLR service record.

I believe this is Partly consequence of eagerness to compete, on price, with independents. Ironic thing is independents aren’t that much cheaper BUT I think they carry out all the tasks.

Main dealers should pride themselves on doing things exactly to the letter. Not offering cut price servicing but missing stuff off.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Fez wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:18 pm If you are on a service plan, I have a 5yr plan, then it details the transfer box oil in the letter at 3yrs, I will be taking this with me next year.. I will add photo later...

Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s extra charge? Last year they should’ve changed spark plugs but didn’t. Would have paid for them if asked but just basic oil/filter. I recon something is being uncovered here...
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scm

Post by scm »

DaddyDarren wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:20 pm Ironic thing is independents aren’t that much cheaper BUT I think they carry out all the tasks.
My independent's labour rate is much lower than main dealers', and he does carry out all necessary tasks. Mine checks the state of the brake fluid and changes it when it needs to be changed, not necessarily when the schedule says to change it. He'll also do things that are not on the schedule if they need doing. No flash premises, but I want my car serviced, not look at eye candy.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

defiantly go indi every time, they service a car to run on for years to come not just change the oil and clean it, coffee not quite as good but you can always get a take away.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Thanks for the comments, I've PM'd the Jaguar guy who looks at the forum to see if he has any input.

The car goes in with an Indy for it's 72 month service on Monday and I'm going to get them to do the diff oil.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post