once you go black!!!!!........ opinions needed

Anything F-Type related......
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

how easy is it to re site the centre caps as scm states?
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

scm

Post by scm »

Ever so easy, but you have to remove the wheel and poke the cap out from the back. Others have said it's possible to use a suction device to pull it out from the front, but I never had much luck with that method - the caps can be quite a tight fit.

My wheel refurbisher actually did it right without me asking!

Oh, and for completeness, I recently came across the suggestion that the locking nut should be symmetrically placed too, on my wheel that's under the growler's chin, but your holes are in a different orientation so should be above the growler's head. ;) I found only one of mine wasn't already "right", so that was a really easy fix!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

ok if i have the wheels off anytime soon il give it a go
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

They've come out really well, looks good!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:35 pm Ever so easy, but you have to remove the wheel and poke the cap out from the back. Others have said it's possible to use a suction device to pull it out from the front, but I never had much luck with that method - the caps can be quite a tight fit.

The easiest way I find to remove and reposition the wheel centre caps (without the need to remove the wheels) is to use a plastic credit card, thin clean plastic filler spreader or something similar. This will slide under the edge of the wheel centre cap at some point and just pops the cap off without any damage.

Simples!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scm

Post by scm »

RPSN wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:05 pm
scm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:35 pm Ever so easy, but you have to remove the wheel and poke the cap out from the back. Others have said it's possible to use a suction device to pull it out from the front, but I never had much luck with that method - the caps can be quite a tight fit.
The easiest way I find to remove and reposition the wheel centre caps (without the need to remove the wheels) is to use a plastic credit card, thin clean plastic filler spreader or something similar. This will slide under the edge of the wheel centre cap at some point and just pops the cap off without any damage.

Simples!
Fine if that method works for you, but my caps are too tight a fit - it took quite some effort to punch 'em out from the back!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:18 pm Fine if that method works for you, but my caps are too tight a fit - it took quite some effort to punch 'em out from the back!

My wheel centre caps/badges are also a tight fit but using the technique I have mentioned works a treat........much easier than removing the road wheels etc!

Plastic filler spreader with thin bottom edge works best!

As this is going off track from the OP I have created the new topic entitled “Jaguar wheel centre caps/badges – easy removal and repositioning”.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4688
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Just got it back 😁. Another Ftype had arrived for a wheel change from silver to black. Apparently the owner saw mine and has now gone away to have a think. The lacquer is high gloss which doesn't come through on the photos.

IMG_20200806_151642.jpg

IMG_20200806_151748.jpg

IMG_20200806_153454.jpg

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Mick , is that anthracite gloss or Black chrome ?
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
basher

Post by basher »

Those wheels look amazing in that finish. 👌
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post