Are diagnostic costs covered by jaguar approved warranty ?

Anything F-Type related......
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

So my roof failed to close at the weekend and I had to manually close it ( what a palaver ) ! Anyway car has gone into dealership who have found an electrical fault with one of the motors that they think is causing the problem. They have said that the replacement will be covered by my 2 year extended warranty but they are asking me to pay for 4 hours of diagnostics at £624 :o

I have questioned this as I cant see anywhere in the warranty booklet where it says diagnostics aren't covered.

Anyone had any similar experience or know the definitive answer ???

Car is 37 months old.
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

All warranty work i've had done has been completely covered... admittedly by the 3 year base warranty not extended warranty but wouldn't expect that to be any different.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Cool Hand Luke wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:43 pm So my roof failed to close at the weekend and I had to manually close it ( what a palaver ) ! Anyway car has gone into dealership who have found an electrical fault with one of the motors that they think is causing the problem. They have said that the replacement will be covered by my 2 year extended warranty but they are asking me to pay for 4 hours of diagnostics at £624 :o

I have questioned this as I cant see anywhere in the warranty booklet where it says diagnostics aren't covered.

Car is 37 months old.
I have read the extended warranty forms in detail and it clearly states:

Page 8 of Extended Warranty Claims
The Company will pay both parts and labour at warranty rate up to the sum equivalent to the purchase price of the vehicle

There should be zero cost or charges and refuse to pay. Jaguar should deal with this directly with the Jaguar Extended Warranty company.
Good luck.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

If they only "think" they've found the problem they're asking you to pay for their incompetence.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Likewise - I've had a fair few claims (3 coolant leaks - pump / Y pipe / expansion tank), big end bearings (short block), etc.) under the Jag extended warranty, after the 2 year Approved Used one, and never once been asked to pay for diagnostic costs.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Thanks for all the replies. They have come back and confirmed that as there is a fault in one of the latch motors that will be replaced under warranty that the diagnostics will also be covered 👍
Why did they have to stress me out like that though ?!?
Part on back order so they wanted to hold on to the car as the roof is completely dismantled. When I asked for a rough idea of how long the parts might take they admitted it " could be months " due to the covid pandemic. They are now in the process of reassembling the roof and delivering it back to me.
This experience really puts me off holding on to the car. I love it but seriously thinking of moving away from JLR now. Maybe a wee mx5 would be more fun !
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
Tel

Post by Tel »

Cool Hand Luke wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:43 pm So my roof failed to close at the weekend and I had to manually close it ( what a palaver ) ! Anyway car has gone into dealership who have found an electrical fault with one of the motors that they think is causing the problem. They have said that the replacement will be covered by my 2 year extended warranty but they are asking me to pay for 4 hours of diagnostics at £624 :o

Car is 37 months old.
Call their bluff - Ask for a detailed breakdown of the 4 hours and results form the diagnostics - That will stump them!

Don't part with a penny, it's your cheeky dealer trying it on I'm afraid.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Cool Hand Luke wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:21 pm Thanks for all the replies. They have come back and confirmed that as there is a fault in one of the latch motors that will be replaced under warranty that the diagnostics will also be covered 👍
Glad that was resolved in your favour.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
PDE

Post by PDE »

Good news as the the latch motor is £307.43 inc VAT and they wanted £624 for the diagnostics !

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Glad they have found the issue and fixing - I'd still be questioning the person who said you would need to pay for diagnostics, sounds like they were trying it on....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post