V6S or the 2.0

Anything F-Type related......
basher

Post by basher »

Fez wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:26 am In the initial post you state you like the look of 400 sport... I would save up your pennies and hunt down one of those specially if you intend to keep....
You will not be disappointed......
Yes. That. 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I am not a technical wiz, far from it. However I had a 3.0 and loved it but replaced it with a 2.0 and cannot fault it. The 2.00 is definitely noisier than the 3.0 according to both my neigbours and my son.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Sorry but have to disagree AngieR, no chance the 2L is louder than the 3L

OP as others have said, if you like the look of the 400 sport then hold out for one, you wont be disappointed. If unsure between 2L and 3L then you need to test drive both, only then will you know which one suits you (sound, power, driving style etc)
good luck with your search!
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I can assure you it is most definitely louder, several people have mentioned it and it sounds much louder to me when I am driving.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It seems you must have had a very strangled V6 then ;)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

AngieR, sorry but absolutely no chance. Doesn't matter what V6 we are talking about (340, V6S, 400 Sport). Regardless of Model year or with/without OPF filter, the 2L is no where near as loud. Happy to be proven wrong but I'm pretty confident....

OP, something I should have mentioned - whilst the 'on paper' figures seem relatively similar between a 2L and a 340 (even 380/400), the way they deliver that performance in real world driving is in my opinion leagues apart. Power delivery, cruising power, sound, sense of theatre etc. Really cant recommend enough that you have a test drive of all considerations before making a decision.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

dbv6s wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:55 pm AngieR, sorry but absolutely no chance. Doesn't matter what V6 we are talking about (340, V6S, 400 Sport). Regardless of Model year or with/without OPF filter, the 2L is no where near as loud. Happy to be proven wrong but I'm pretty confident....

OP, something I should have mentioned - whilst the 'on paper' figures seem relatively similar between a 2L and a 340 (even 380/400), the way they deliver that performance in real world driving is in my opinion leagues apart. Power delivery, cruising power, sound, sense of theatre etc. Really cant recommend enough that you have a test drive of all considerations before making a decision.
On another thread here we debated the relative noise as the DVLA has both V6 and 2.0 as the same DB level on a drive by test. I won’t argue with that other than comment early V6 certainly seem the loudest of the bunch. In general though 4 cylinders are noisier as the number of cylinder firings are 50% lower. Per rev. but I don’t see absolute DB as that meaningful, rather the quality of the noise. Fundamentally 4 cylinders sound horrible and need a lot of work to improve their sound. V6 & V8 sound way better. Just listen to any boy racer ‘tuned’ 4 cylinder hurting your ears...

I fully agree with your second paragraph, that it’s the way they deliver power Noise and all the resulting theatre that matters. There is no comparison and both need driving and testing before buying
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more