Had to buy a Garmin to find my way around.

Anything F-Type related......
snowy1987

Post by snowy1987 »

Hello Jaguar

Having spent a small fortune on what I thought was a luxury Jag F Type S, I expected at least an in-car satellite navigation system that was usable.
The one used by Jaguar is garbage. No towns or villages are named, so you've no idea where you are; only the very major road numbers are shown; it's not possible to easily zoom out or in, and if you do zoom out you lose the minor road detail; when you put a route in, loads of little confusing arrows appear everywhere all pointing in different directions; there are no petrol stations shown (I had to phone up family to find the nearest when I was low on fuel); it doesn't show topographical information that one might recognise from an OS map. It's just a rubbish system. The one good thing I can say about it is that the screen is fairly flat, so I can stick my windscreen mount to cover it up with my Garmin!

Even after I'd wasted more money and time updating it using their HERE Maps Update, it's still incomprehensible with no changes from before.

I suggest Jaguar goes along to BMW and asks if they could copy a Sat Nav system from a 116i ..... or fit a mounting point for a Garmin!

If this is the best in-car experience Jaguar can offer, then they'll quickly be left behind.

Speaking of which, although the F Type is said to have 380bhp, my old BMW 235 bi-turbo with just over 300bhp would leave it swallowing dust!
The supercharger takes soooooo long to get wound up!
Why didn't they fit Turbos to the engine?

..... anyone want to buy a low mileage immaculate hardly used Jag F Type S ??

Victor M

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

snowy1987 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:34 pm..... anyone want to buy a low mileage immaculate hardly used Jag F Type S ??
Victor M
- You did not introduce who/where you are;
- Your story is FAKE : " hardly used" implicates "almost new" , then the maps are FREE..

So please stop wasting our time and go and drive your mums BMW 116i.. :mrgreen:

..and DOUBLE POSTING is a " NO-NO" ..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

You presumably haven't had time to go into the nav settings to enable the petrol stations option. And you think superchargers take longer than turbos to "get wound up"? :lol:
Last edited by scm on Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

You obviously dont know how a supercharger works do you, i use my 6 year old satnav and it gets me to where i need to go and tells me where
petrol staions are.
Maybe you should have a look in the manual before coming on here and slagging your own car off lol
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

snowy1987 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:42 pm Hello Jaguar

Having spent a small fortune on what I thought was a luxury Jag F Type S, I expected at least an in-car satellite navigation system that was usable.
The one used by Jaguar is garbage. No towns or villages are named, so you've no idea where you are; only the very major road numbers are shown; it's not possible to easily zoom out or in, and if you do zoom out you lose the minor road detail; when you put a route in, loads of little confusing arrows appear everywhere all pointing in different directions; there are no petrol stations shown (I had to phone up family to find the nearest when I was low on fuel); it doesn't show topographical information that one might recognise from an OS map. It's just a rubbish system. The one good thing I can say about it is that the screen is fairly flat, so I can stick my windscreen mount to cover it up with my Garmin!

Even after I'd wasted more money and time updating it using their HERE Maps Update, it's still incomprehensible with no changes from before.

I suggest Jaguar goes along to BMW and asks if they could copy a Sat Nav system from a 116i ..... or fit a mounting point for a Garmin!

If this is the best in-car experience Jaguar can offer, then they'll quickly be left behind.

Speaking of which, although the F Type is said to have 380bhp, my old BMW 235 bi-turbo with just over 300bhp would leave it swallowing dust!
The supercharger takes soooooo long to get wound up!
Why didn't they fit Turbos to the engine?

Victor M

I use the the Waze navigation app..... It’s live information which includes speed cameras etc and it’s FOC!
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

should have had a test drive before buying. :roll:
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Yes I am interested in buying, what 1:43 scale model are you trying to sell?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

What a very ill-informed rant.

Let's hope he sells it soon - certainly not the sort of person we want to see as an F-Type owner or on this forum.

Adios.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

snowy1987 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:42 pm

Victor M
Victor, its the bottom line that counts, surely many fellows around here are interested. Let us have the full details in the classified section, the response is guaranteed.
ralph
V6S-AWD-Coupé-LHD-Caldera Red-MY20 aka Red Devil
SVR-Coupé-LHD-Santorini Black-MY20 aka Nyx
basher

Post by basher »

Timbo wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:44 pm You obviously dont know how a supercharger works do you, i use my 6 year old satnav and it gets me to where i need to go and tells me where
petrol staions are.
Maybe you should have a look in the manual before coming on here and slagging your own car off lol
Yep. That. 👏
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post