F-Type headroom

Anything F-Type related......
neiltee

Post by neiltee »

Hi all,

I am looking at buying my first F-Type. It will likely be a MY18 V6 P380.

The number 1 question I have being a tall chap (6ft 5) is around the sunroof. Is it better to get a sunroof or non-sunroof model?

I drove a 66 plate car with sunroof and my head touched the cover but with the cover folded back I was fine. Is the non-sunroof version better and allows more headroom?

I would appreciate anyone who has gone through a similaer dilemma and their choice. As I am looking a specific version and with the current situation, my preference is to only visit and test drive the car I will buy so appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Neil

badger

Post by badger »

they are not sunroofs, they are fixed panoramic roof, unless you mean convertable.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Tel

Post by Tel »

By A V8 - The spinal compression will bring you down a few "'s
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
neiltee

Post by neiltee »

Yes sorry, I meant the panoramic roof.

I can see from the latest model the following stats:

Maximum front headroom with standard roof (mm) 935
Maximum front headroom with panoramic roof (mm) 926

But its not clear if this is with the panoramic blind shut or open.
badger

Post by badger »

i would say it is likely to be tight but really you need to test drive f types to feel which model/power suits you best anyway, there are plenty on the approved used scheme go for a drive would the best idea.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Not certain but there may be sitting height to be gained dependant on which seats are fitted, sports or performance.
scm

Post by scm »

neiltee wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:54 pm Maximum front headroom with panoramic roof (mm) 926

But its not clear if this is with the panoramic blind shut or open.
With the blind shut it wouldn't give a maximum dimension .... ;)
I think I've only ever closed mine once, just to see that it works.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
frankgama

Post by frankgama »

Im not sure to the actual difference in dimensions between normal roof and glass roof.
Im 5'10" and dont have to worry about my head touching my glass roof roof, but personally I always have my cover rolled back as this does make the entire cabin feel much larger and spacious.
Gibson

Post by Gibson »

I would also consider the seat choice as well since there may well be a couple of CM in going for performance over the standard...

I'm 6'3" with a panoramic roof and performance seats, I'd imagine you'd be ok without the pano as I've driven with the blind closed with no issues.
The reason I'd advise going for a pano roof at your height is the ability to actually see traffic lights when you're in the first 3 cars of a queue. It's far easier to peek through the roof than it is to do a praying mantis impersonation to look under the roof beam.
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

Why risk it, with a convertible its unlimited headroom. Sorry probably not helping:)
Caldera Red MY19 V8 AWD R

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post