Fen End F-type event

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 2510

Post by Deleted User 2510 »

JurassicF wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:14 pm NJC pmd me a detailed experience of his day, sounds awesome, he may want to share?
Overall this is an excellent event and well managed. I booked in before my start time of 11:25 and most others did same. We then drove in convoy to the event area. Here is the itinerary but not necessarily in this order:
Nice lunch on arrival. Various menu choice. Then onto briefing. Lunch + briefing about 30 mins.
You will be assigned a pro driver for the entire event. Then the fun starts with 4 different events. All cars are coupe's.
1. 3 laps (I think) in a P450 RWD. Only you as a guest will drive due to covid. The cars are sanitised before each event so the pro driver sits next to you and does not drive. Followed by a further 3 laps in a V8 R (575, same as the outgoing SVR). You should be able to well exceed 150MPH.
2. Wet driving experience. Driving on skid pan with various stability option combo on and off. P450 RWD
3. Slalom around cones. About 6 passes. P450 RWD.
4. Agility game in a P450 AWD.
Prompt finish at 13:50. I think this is almost 2 hrs of driving and in my mind well worth going. The F Type Product Manager was on hand and went through the recent changes in the facelift.
This is a product marketing experience and not a heavy sales push.

Point to note: When registering you will have seen a requirement to print off an nhs covid test 24hrs before you attend. This was not mentioned in any follow up e-mail's. This can be done at https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19. For those that don't do this, you will be asked to complete this on arrival / check in which may delay proceedings if people do not arrive early. Best to complete and print beforehand.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

:D I need an invite for this ASAP
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Poodlehat

Post by Poodlehat »

I've just managed to get a slot on Saturdat 26th. It wasn't available this morning, so cancellations must be coming back onto the system.
F-Type R, MY14, Stratus Grey
Previous
Z4M
S2000
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

simpleR wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:39 am :D I need an invite for this ASAP
PMd you.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

As others have said what a fantastic event this is, and with super knowledgeable pro-drivers, well done Jaguar.
My favourite was the City Track, which is basically a go-cart track with a few undulations and bumps. This is where ProDrive developed Colin McRae's WRC Subaru's gearbox and diff. The speed that you can take a 450 rwd F-Type around the narrowest of tracks with really tight bends was mind boggling. You really find out how well these new cars handle. I would never consider driving mine at 50% of what your pro-driver is allowing you to do especially on the road,so not sure how my current car would compare.
Skid pan was great, the agility and spacial awareness test challenging, high speed runs🤗🤗🤗 managed just to see 161 mph in the SVR replacement.

Now the negatives. The more I see the new shape I am dissapointed. With a 4 older cars parked close by the front of the old car is far nicer. Bland looks and far too much metal in the bonnet to my eyes makes it look out of proportion. The rear light reshape from the nice curved centre of older cars has been squared off, but on a car that is so curvaceous it just doesn't look right.
Then the sound, all cars are so quiet, even the SVR at full chat sounds so much quieter even from the outside. I know this was not a option for JLR due to the new noise regulations, but getting back in my 380S I couldn't believe just how loud it is and why I love everything about MY15/16 cars.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

IMG_20200908_093852520.jpg

Red is the colour which is far more forgiving of the new style the darker colours seem to make the bonnet even bigger.
Last edited by JurassicF on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

IMG_20200908_085351168.jpg

Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

IMG_20200908_085339575.jpg

Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
chicb

Post by chicb »

Think its open to anyone, I got an invite, but no longer have an Ftype plus its a bit far to travel, but you go to jaguar.co.uk/feelftype to book your day & time
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Nick

Post by Nick »

Booked but 6th October, will keep an eye out for any cancellations
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post