Fen End F-type event

Anything F-Type related......
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Excellent event (6th Oct at 11.25), I would recommend anyone to go.
Good Covid processes, you're more likely to catch it at the services on the way to or from the event.
Be warned, if you order lunch, you'll get it before you start, so at 11.30
Great to be shown how each of the electronic systems helps you keep control of the car, especially on the skid pan, who'd of thought to use snow mode to drive on wet grass (probably most of you, but not me).
The 450 did seem a bit sluggish but the 575 was great, 163mph in the wet was fun
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Philskill wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:26 pm Hi guys, I'm doing Sunday afternoon, glad to hear precautions are in-place, is the food after driving or before for the PM sessions does anyone know?

Looking forward to it, and comparing the big boys to my humble P300. Looks dry with possible showers.
You are asked what you want to eat from a small menu on arrival, you are then convoyed to the event area and the food you ordered has just been cooked for you, as well as hot and cold drinks. I didn’t eat but others said the burgers were great!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks Gus that saves me eating beforehand! rather than not eating and finding you get there and have to wait hours for food!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Thanks for all the responses and it does sound like a superb event.

Unfortunately I am still somewhat concerned regarding travel in general and 2 hours in a car with a stranger so am going to pass this time and cancel my booking (*2) for sun 11th oct @ 1125 hrs.

HEads up in case anyone wants to logon and book the spaces - will cancel at 1200 hrs today
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
01286p

Post by 01286p »

Anyone reccomend how much earlier one should arrive before the booked time?
Am booked for 14.05
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I got there at 13.10 for my 14.05 session. I was third one in the queue.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I got there at 13:50 for the 14:05 slot and loads of spare time. Only 6 of us turned up so was chatting with the others for a while before convoying to the event area.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

What a great day, you need to go and take the opportunity to fully experience the F Type in different situations, on the limit with good guys advising you, at speeds you will never reach on the road.

The instructors are very relaxed and give good guidance which helps to explore the car.

get booked in
muskysman

Post by muskysman »

We attended yesterday at 14:05 slot, although Mrs M was the driver out of two of us. She was pretty nervous but said it was absolute fantastic and has given her so much more confidence afterwards She managed to get up to 161mph in the Type R which she was very proud of, and loved the skid pan.

Our two concerns were obviously Covid and me only going as a spectator. Firstly so well organised and cars constantly being cleaned along with appropriate social distancing. As a spectator I got taken on a couple of hot laps with one of pro drivers in P450 and it’s pretty awesome flying along at 157mph. You cannot see too much watching but right in front of skid pan so that kept me amused.

All in all fantastic day. Oh, burgers and chicken burgers are great too, wouldn’t be out of place on a gastro pub menu.
MY20 P300 R-Dynamic Carpathian Grey, 12 -way memory heated seats , Interior Design Pack, Meridian Surround, Park Assist, Secure Tracker, 20” 6003 Alloys, Climate Pack, Configurable lighting
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

We were the group of 3 at the same time, glad you guys enjoyed it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post