SVR buying advice

Anything F-Type related......
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

SVR options. Pano roof is a must. As is the proper SVR rear spoiler. The non 200 mph cars will always be cheaper. I know we all buy without an eye to the resell price, but missing these 2 key options will cost you 2 years down the road.
Ceramics look good, the standard red things don’t! Ceramics last forever and don’t create brake dust. Plus, they weigh a whole load less on each corner. Always a good thing. Heated seats and steering wheel are fab.
Cracking car, cheap as chips to run, blisteringly quick, bloody noisy, good looking, great for shopping and tip runs....oh and blitzing practically anything you ever encounter!
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!

JFA

Post by JFA »

Rogere wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 pm
Cracking car, cheap as chips to run, blisteringly quick, bloody noisy, good looking, great for shopping and tip runs....oh and blitzing practically anything you ever encounter!
Except another 2016 SVR (in Firesand of course) :D

I'd echo all that Rogere states. Mine has steel brakes - operationally fine (they stop you quick), but his point about the Ceramics is a fair one, the steel ones do create a lot of dust. Brilliant all-rounder. If you can find one with the carbon pack it finishes her off well.

Go SVR - you wont regret it!
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

Rogere wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 pmI know we all buy without an eye to the resell price, but missing these 2 key options will cost you 2 years down the road.
If you buy new that applies to all F-Types, regardless of spec. :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
chenerz

Post by chenerz »

With regards to what brianhpenfold said earlier in this thread -

"The cut over to the new Bosch ECU and GPF was at some point during the MY19 build.
I had a MY19 R and a MY20 SVR. The R was built in Feb 19, delivered Apr 19; the SVR was built in Sep 19, left the factory in Dec 19.
The R was full of pops and bangs; the SVR totally different"

Does anyone know exactly when the changeover was - is there a way of identifying the cars with the Bosch ECU & GPF from their chassis numbers?
Of failing that, how to physically identify them?
F-Type V8 R Coupe (RWD) - Ammonite/Corris Grey
All the bells & whistles..
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

chenerz wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:53 am "The cut over to the new Bosch ECU and GPF was at some point during the MY19 build.
I had a MY19 R and a MY20 SVR. The R was built in Feb 19, delivered Apr 19; the SVR was built in Sep 19, left the factory in Dec 19.

Does anyone know exactly when the changeover was - is there a way of identifying the cars with the Bosch ECU & GPF from their chassis numbers?
Can you PM those two reg plates and I'll have a look if there are any noticeable differences in the build sheets and then try and work out at which VIN number it changed.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I disagree about most must have options, they add little value at trade in time, certainly less than they would have cost new, they make a car easier to sell but you rarely get the full value back. The pan roof (and active exhaust) was a must have for me first time around when I bought my V6S in 2014. It was the only annoying thing about the car as it creaked every time I reversed off my drive so I wasn’t bothered about getting it again when I bought my R this year, it has made absolute no difference to selling values, it wasn’t even mentioned by any of the traders who were after it.
Gizah

Post by Gizah »

Mine has the carbon ceramic brakes, and the lack of brake dust is worth every penny!

I'll present a counter point to the pano roof recommendations. The carbon fiber roof looks spectacular with the carbon fiber rear spoiler and carbon fiber hood vents.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I would never specify an option based on resale value - purely for my own wishes and enhanced pleasure of ownership.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

simpleR wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:42 am
chenerz wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:53 am "The cut over to the new Bosch ECU and GPF was at some point during the MY19 build.

Can you PM those two reg plates and I'll have a look if there are any noticeable differences in the build sheets and then try and work out at which VIN number it changed.
Just sent you a PM with the reg plates - sorry didn't see this post!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

If outright speed is what you're after, I believe the R is fast - has to do with the lighter drivetrain, and more fun sans the 4WD system
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post