SVR buying advice

Anything F-Type related......
NPD

Post by NPD »

Apologies in advance for the shameless request for help...

I’m in the fortunate position of being able to afford a used SVR (or possibly high spec v8) with a budget of around 65k; I would like a 2017+ car with the revised seats etc.

I don’t need to buy quickly so can see how the market settles over the next couple of months and this also gives me time to do some research and thumb through old evo articles!

As I start my search I thought I would open an account on this forum and invite any buying advice, alongside must have options. The car won’t be used on track and will cover around 6-8k miles pa.

Thanks in advance, N

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome N, and what a nice position to be in.
Others will no doubt have more direct experience but, assuming you are going for a coupe then it seems the pano roof is a must.
You also need to consider if you want the carbon brakes - they look great, but are very costly when it comes to maintenance.
I’ve driven the SVR coupe and would suggest for road use steel brakes are more than adequate - remember, if you stop quicker can the bloke behind you?!
Other than that enjoy your search and tracking down the right car for you!
...and then we’ll want photos 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Happy hunting!
Some help available here when you find one.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3805&hilit=Spec+lo ... =30#p37264
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

test drive is essential. If you want a holigan exhaust full of pops and bangs, then MY 18/19 is the model to go for. The cut over to the new Bsosch ECU and GPF was at some point during the MY19 build. I had a MY19 R and a MY20 SVR. The R was built in Feb 19, delivered Apr 19; the SVR was built in Sep 19, left the factory in Dec 19. The R was full of pops and bangs; the SVR totally different.

As other have said, steel brakes are absolutely fine. Pano roof is a must. Heated seats were an option on the SVR - but heated steering wheel was std. (Mine doesn't have heated seats for instance). Happy hunting.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I have the pano roof but must admit I have the slider closed much of the time. Options are well worth researching; what is standard for your year build and what are paid options and make a short list of what you really want. I was lucky and unknowingly bought a coupe that had been heavily specced, but only found out afterwards. The non-Jag dealer didn't know either, lucky me.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

Jaguandy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:24 am I have the pano roof but must admit I have the slider closed much of the time.
I've only closed mine once, to check that it worked! I love the airiness when it's open. ;)
Oh, and as a tall person once pointed out - you have to look through the roof to see traffic lights!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NPD

Post by NPD »

Many thanks for the welcome and responses. Strikes me that getting the right build year is important for the full F-Type experience. If anyone would like to comment on the real world differences between the SVR and R I’d welcome their opinion.

Thanks again, N
NPD

Post by NPD »

And thank you for the link, especially useful.
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

Real world experience: I've had a 400 sport, 2 x Rs and the SVR. The SVR is a different car than the R on the road. The suspension is subtly smoother and more compliant, engine pickup and responsiveness feel better - its not just some extra power from the engine and some body work and suspension changes. It genuinely feels different to drive, as i understand it, suspension changes, wider wheels and tyres and changes to engine and gearbox mapping are noticeable - even my wife noticed it.

Just my opinion - my 400 sport was a thug, the R's were hooligans; the SVR is a steely eyed assassin.
scm

Post by scm »

brianhpenfold wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:56 pm Just my opinion - my 400 sport was a thug, the R's were hooligans; the SVR is a steely eyed assassin.
Excellent summary! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post